PDA

View Full Version : Minor Aches and Pains

Budokan
02-13-2002, 01:15 PM
How do you deal with 'em after training? I usually take an aspirin to help with the inflammation and muscle soreness, but I was wondering what you guys think of this? Do you do something else to deal with the soreness and stiffness the next day?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Arhat of Fury
02-13-2002, 01:24 PM
When i am sore from training the day before I will usually warm up and stretch a little before class to get the blood flowing before we go into our stretching program.

NPMantis
02-13-2002, 01:26 PM
If it is minor muscle soreness I just ignore it, if it is painful try rubbing a bit of ibuprofen gen on it - I use ibuleve and it's great, pub a timy blob of the affected areas before you go to sleep and it's nearly 100% better by morning, but this is only for muscular pains. I have heard this is bad for your liver though, so I only use it is very few circumstances.

Alternatively try chinese medicine such as Dit Da Jow? I don't really have much experience in this field though.

Swannee
02-13-2002, 03:13 PM
There are many different ways to deal with muscular aches and pains. Warming up with some Cardio and then stretching helps.
Drinking several glasses of water can help with the metabolic waste, Massage therapy, warm baths with Epsom salts also.
In addition there are several different Chinese Linaments that can help with different areas or types of soreness. It is good to check with your teacher or an alternative healer in your area
to find out what is best for you. The different types of linaments
include Tiger Balm, Wood lock, Po sum On - These are all good for muscles - some go in deeper to the muscles than others. Dit Da Jow is good for bruises, and zhen Gu Shui is great for Joints or you can mix Zhen Gu Shui with Woodlock and then it will go deeper into the joints.

Hope that helps some

Johnny Hot Shot
02-13-2002, 04:53 PM
Lots of water, Glucosamine and Advil for you day to day aches of training.

Brian_CA
02-13-2002, 10:44 PM
try stretching lightly. It will get the lactic acid out of your muscles. Also definately drink lots of water. If you take a hot epson salt bath, it will help with the soreness.

Brian
San Francisco, CA

Robinf
02-14-2002, 08:58 AM
I also do the warm up and stretch thing before class if I'm a bit achy. I leave any medications for big pain.

Robin

Aramus
02-14-2002, 12:37 PM
I suggest taking a very warm bath...preferably with some beautiful woman while she gives you a massage.

Failing that, stretch (dynamic ...easy motion stretching then as you are warmed up try the static stretching), drink water, eat bananas, I would do ibuprofen before asprin (just a recommendation from a doctor a while back), heating pads are nice, warm showers (especially with the massage function on the shower head) are also nice.
OK, I think this is what everyone else has said...sorry, I must have wanted to help or at least post.

Peace.

Ford Prefect
02-14-2002, 01:38 PM
I follow up sessions with contrast showers and a meal replacement shake right after a workout. The only post-workout/training soreness I really experience now is hyperextensions and the such.

BSH
02-15-2002, 10:11 AM
My Sifu has been teaching traditional herbal knowledge along with the other phsyical aspects of training. Tin Tzat works wonders for aching muscles and really speeds the recovery time. It is a real pain to grind and use however. There is a chinese company that produces a combination Tin Tzat / Doe Jeung which is what I use. You should be able to get it at most Chinese herbalist.

I also use different Dit Da to rub on the area that is affected. There are different types for different problems, but they all bring additional Qi to the region and speed up the recovery time.