PDA

View Full Version : forms and how often

mad taoist
02-13-2002, 05:09 PM
Ok, for those of you whose forms come out when you fight -- how often do you think forms should be practised ? Am just curious as to what you people think.

Cheers

Ish
02-14-2002, 05:09 AM
I try to practice my form every day, its usually only about 5 days a week cos im very lazy

guohuen
02-14-2002, 08:22 AM
Six days a week. once to three times a day.

Shaolindynasty
02-14-2002, 08:52 AM
I try to train each of them between 5x and 10x per day but for the last ear I've been slacking on that.

mad taoist
02-14-2002, 03:19 PM
Upon asking, yy teacher said to me everyday, until you are comfortable with it, until you don't realize you are doing it. All the while, visualizing what you are doing.

I think I am taught my forms too fast to do that properly, though...

Cheers, people

tri2bmt
02-16-2002, 03:48 PM
Every workout should contain at least some form practice. Whether it be the actual form, a shadow sparring exercise utilizing the form or supplementing with the form and its execution in mind. I usually do all three.
The form is the body of the style and it encompasses all the knowledge of the system. To neglect it is like learning to dance but never dancing. You won't learn the system. That and there is alot of really good aspects to the forms.
Exercise, stretching, strength and endurance are built into the form. As for those people whose system lacks forms I truly pity you. They are excellent training tools and always very fun and relaxing.
theres my rant