PDA

View Full Version : OT : frog in the bathroom

prana
02-13-2002, 06:38 PM
Sorry about the off-topic.

I live in a two level apartment. So I was taking a shower, upstairs, in my room behind closed doors. Then I look down and there he was, staring at me with his prying eyes :D this frog frightened of me, and squeeshed behind the shower door trying to escape the hot water splashing on its skin. He was possibly trying to get some hydration after the long adventure up those stairs.

Jeepers, how did he get up there ? He got thru the front door, up the stairs, through the always closed doors, across the master bed and into the bathroom and into the shower.

Anyways, all is well, we put it in a little bottle, blessed it with Sangye Menla and took it outside, into the garden where that are loads of water pools and plants, where he belongs.

hehehe thought I would share this little small chapter this morning :) I wonder if Chenrezig came to visit ?? (hehehe me and my folk story)

respectmankind
02-13-2002, 06:44 PM
That was actually a cool story, thanks for sharing

Ryu
02-13-2002, 07:10 PM
having compassion for even the smallest of life is something I've always loved about Buddhism. I once spent 30 minutes saving dozens and dozens of crickets from drowning in my pool. Call me nuts. ;)

Ryu

red_fists
02-13-2002, 07:13 PM
Ok, if you say so.

YOU ARE NUTS!!

Always willing to oblige.

But I refuse to call you an Elevator. :)

Cody
02-13-2002, 08:45 PM
That was a lovely story. I liked the roadmap style description too.

I rescued a baby bird once. Opened up my front door, and there it was, resting Put the little thing in a small wooden tea box lined with soft paper towel. A hot day. I got lost trying to find the animal care place. First, there was a long bus ride. bird peeped at me and I peeped back during the whole journey. Got off bus and was wandering around. Went into a small food store. I got soda, and the store's owner gave the bird water wtih a straw. Someone there knew where I needed to go. Got a car ride there. Bird arrived in good shape. I've always felt good about this.

Cody

prana
02-13-2002, 09:08 PM
ahahah those stories make me all goo-goo-gaa-gaa.

Big Thanks for reading and sharing your fuzzy experiences :)

sticky fingers
02-13-2002, 09:21 PM
My dad was pruning a bush one day when a bird's nest fell out from the branches. It was some kind of small bird, like a finch or something. The mum bird flew away and left 3 chicks inside. Suddenly my dachsund cross came out of nowhere and pounced on the chicks, devouring 2. The last one which was oldest, managed to fly about 50 metres with my dog chasing. Alas, it was still too young to fly properly and landed in her waiting jaws.

BiNKy
02-13-2002, 10:35 PM
Well someone just had to p.iss on the happy parade didnt they? I had 3 blue birds as pets. They fell out of a tree. My father also brought home a red tailed hawk that was injured. It died though. I had a baby goose too. A raccoon ate it. I find it amusing that I am eating chicken wings as I write this. Ever wonder if vegetarians eat marshamallow peeps or animal crackers? Thats a buddhist riddle I made up. It gets ya thinkin.

joedoe
02-13-2002, 10:45 PM
Given that it is Valentine's Day here, maybe the frog was looking for more amorous activity :D

Cody
02-13-2002, 10:52 PM
BiNKy,
Chicken wings. cracked me up.
us humans, we're strange.

On a tangent, as long as we're talking about little wild things. How about squirrels? They're digging up everything. Flinging pansies. I can't keep a carnation plant. They eat it all, down to the roots. Anyone know of a safe remedy to discourage their digging and munching?

Cody

Paul
02-13-2002, 11:53 PM
Anyone know of a safe remedy to discourage their digging and munching?

12 gauge shotgun?

Budokan
02-14-2002, 08:41 AM
Once when I was doing some geophysical surveying for Texaco me and my helpers came across a big friggin' owl that had gotten caught in the bottom strand of a barbed wire fence. Its wing was all tangled and broken. I can only surmise it had been after a mouse or something at night and ran into the fence.

Anyway, I cut the twisted part of the wing loose with my machete and we wrapped it up and took it to the vet, being careful of it's beak and claws. (Yes, I shut down a million dollar operartion to look after a sick owl.) The vet said he would look after it and we went back to work.

Ryu
02-14-2002, 08:47 AM
awwwwwwwwwww ;)

Hey, anyone wanna talk about their inner feelings?
I've felt less than fresh lately :(

LOL, (I'm kidding, saving anything in need of help is a noble thing to do in life)

Ryu

norther practitioner
02-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Texaco, man budokan, you are inherintly evil. watch out for those folks, the corp. is run by a man named Dr. Evil....
Just kiddin' I work for a pretty crumby company too, oh wait, its the government.

Budokan
02-14-2002, 08:51 AM
I want someone to hold me. Can we talk? I need a sympathetic ear.

Budokan hurts. Love Budokan.

Ryu
02-14-2002, 08:53 AM
"Budokan hurts. Love Budokan."

:D
This should go in my signature somewhere! LOL Priceless.

Ryu

Budokan
02-14-2002, 08:54 AM
I quit Texaco ages ago. I hated them then and now. They are the epitomy of the large and evil company interested only in money and not its workers. I don't miss working for them one bit.

Hey, do you guys want to trade dress patterns or coupons?

Tigerstyle
02-14-2002, 09:18 AM
I tried to help an injured pigeon once.

It was sitting in the middle of the road at night with an injured wing when I was on my way home. I went back with a box to try to move it off the side of the road, then I drove home and called the animal rescue people. They asked me what kind of bird it was, and I figured they wouldn't bother going out there late at night for a pigeon so I lied a little ;) ("I'm not sure what kind of bird it was, but it looked pretty exotic.")

My gilfriend was with me when it all happened, so I scored some major "good boyfriend" points :) .

Kristoffer
02-14-2002, 09:25 AM
"I scored some major "good boyfriend"
points"

smooth criminal :D

DelicateSound
02-14-2002, 04:04 PM
Aw man - you guys really get to me. I've saved a few animals in my time, but my most devoted animal service is day to day.

After a "Big Evil Company" emptied cyanide into the canal I live next to, killing all the fish, the swans that fly in every winter have nothing to eat. So EVERY SINGLE DAY a member of my family spends 40 mins feeding them.

The greedy buggers eat about 7 rounds each!!!:D

Budokan - It's times like these we should remember - Ralek has feelings too :D

prana
02-14-2002, 05:22 PM
hey guys, thanks for all your replies and stories. Real appreciated, including the more "ouch" stories... It was supposed to be a simple story :D

Anyways, update, when I got home last night, the frog was meditating (sleeping?) on the round table.

The table has three potted plants, somewhat like an umbrella. On that inifinite round of plastic, the dipped parts are filled with an oasis of rain water, and littered cliff faces (boulders we collected from rivers at various holiday locations).

These cliff faces are about 5-6 times the frogs height, but after journeying through the incredible stairway into the darkness of the megasize aisle, I have no doubts he'd be able to make the ascent.

The afternoon sun came shinning down, so, my housemate decided a nice leaf would protect its skin from drying out, and the frog stood in meditation next to the cooling overhanging cliff face, under the shady leaf.

When I arrived home, the oasis was almost dried so it was time to refill with clean water. Glad to report it is a-ok. He was in such deep equanimity, it didnt seem at all disturbed. Funny, its eyes were a small round dot when I first saw him, but its awareness was so intense, as you ventured closer, the circular mandala seemed to increase in diameter. The more you looked into it, the more it expelled signs of life. What great focus it has.

I wonder when it will take the leap off faith into the infinite rainforests that surrounds the plastic table desert ? I am not sure, but whatever its destination, Om Mani Padme Hum.

DelicateSound
02-14-2002, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you have a nice garden Prana! Try and get it near some "living" water, i.e. Something with algae and stuff. If it is a frog [or a toad] I'm pretty sure it'll need some [but I'm no biologist!!!]

You seem to have a pretty good outlook on life - what religion are you?

prana
02-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Algae ? , no wonder it was cuddling near the used sponge. I will make sure some algae is near by if it is still meditating :D Big Thanks

My religion ? I follow Vajrayana.

Lets pray for Renegade Monk's friend.

EDIT: Love the avatar :D ;) classic !

tsunami surfer
02-14-2002, 09:10 PM
Saw frog and bathroom and immediatly thought of what happened to a friend of mine. The whole shift was out training on the range and our Sargent was just getting over a mild case of flu or something. But he still had the Hershy Squirts(diarreha). An episode hit him and the only place he could get to was an old decrepped skanky porta-potty that noone uses except in EXTREME emergencies.It was night time and even darker in the potty. He shucked his pants down and as soon as his but hit the seat, one of those little tiny green tree frogs jumped right onto the cheek of his butt. He came totaly unglued and started screaming thrashing and crapping all over the place crashing out of that porta-potty screaming someone had grabbed him and wouldnt let him go. Still dont know who was more scared, him or the frog but that story is still told in our section when we are remembering when and is still just as funny.By the way the frog got away!

Gigante
02-16-2002, 06:46 AM
Here's a story for you.
A friend of mine, big guy, 195 cm, 140 kilos, was in the military, driving some kind of heavy armored vehicle through a forest with his squad. Suddenly he averts (is that the word?) from the path he was supposed to go...
When they arrived at their destination the captain got out and started shouting "What the hell were you doing?? You were supposed to just follow the road!!" and my friend said "I saw a frog sitting on the road, I didn't want to squish it!", and the entire platoon burst with laughter. The captain couldn't believe his ears... who cares about a sh*tty frog?? My friend does.

Budokan
02-16-2002, 03:04 PM
If there were more people like your friend in the world this would be a happier place to live. That's a good story!:)

JasBourne
02-16-2002, 03:18 PM
Your friend's captain should hear the story about the resistance fighter in WW2 who got a key piece of info the Allies needed by letting a snake loose in a Wermacht general's office and then showing his 'loyalty to the farherland' by volunteering to go in there alone and catch the critter.

Also see Aesop's Fables: the Lion and the Mouse

:D

respectmankind
02-16-2002, 03:22 PM
I played with my cat while he was having a heart attack and didn't know it, he died right there with me pretending to body slam him. I was jolly funny.

Kristoffer
02-17-2002, 03:07 AM
..:(

DelicateSound
02-17-2002, 08:31 AM
Jesus f*cking Christ man - learn to respect Cat-kind a little bit.

F*CK! :( :mad:

guohuen
02-17-2002, 12:12 PM
My yin/yang story. While driving developmentaly challenged workers home from their newspaper job I was traveling on a one lane dirt road. A flatbed tractor trailer withan earthmover on it was coming the other way at twice the speed limit and never slowed down or pulled over forcing me off the road missing the trees by inches. I pulled over and checked the vehicle and noticed I had run over a squirrel. (killing it) My passengers werevery upset (as was I). I calmly drove them home and correctly quessing were the truck was heading showed up at the construction site about a half hour later. I asked around for the driver of the truck (it was there). Finding him I jammed my left tiger claw into his nose, Knocking him down and bloodying his nose. Then I proceeded to lecture him on his driving habits using language that would make a mechanic blush. As I left I could hear construction workers laughing and taunting the guy.