here it goes...

http://www.enteract.com/~weishaar/martial/docs/cheung_attack

jon
02-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Would you like a shovel?
It will help digging your way out the whole you have just dug:p

fmann
02-13-2002, 10:49 PM
That interview is not only old, but this is the umpteenth time I've seen it. I don't fully believe either side, so let it rest.

If WC and EB don't make a big deal about it anymore, then why should we?

shaolinboxer
02-14-2002, 07:13 AM
Junk like this has nothing to do with martial arts.

GunnedDownAtrocity
02-14-2002, 07:23 AM
it kinda does. just like the bullsh!t politics at the office kinda got something to do with your job.

shaolinboxer
02-14-2002, 07:25 AM
Fair enough.

KnightSabre
02-14-2002, 07:29 AM
I'd like to see the video to that fight,
anyone got it?

Badger
02-14-2002, 07:31 AM
I'm going to start carrying a pair of Kungfu shoes around with me...to lure people I don't like into wearing them....I will be unbeatable.

Badger

Tigerstyle
02-14-2002, 09:02 AM
I think I see Oliver Stone's name in real small type at the bottom of that "conspiracy" article?

BoxerChick
02-14-2002, 10:42 AM
That poor william kung fuey master needs to learn some wrestling!
He should have used his hips to reverse the guy on top of him and then get on top and either submitt him or beat the crap out of him.
(my brother is a big time wrestler and he is always showing me stuff!)

fa_jing
02-14-2002, 11:06 AM
No!! This issue has everything to say about whether Cheung received the true Wing Chun, the Nun's fighting style designed to beat all other styles!! His shoes were oiled in an evil attempted by the feared Leung Ting, a false student of Yip Man and actually the reincarnation of Bak Mei, the Shaolin Traitor!! If not for the secret arrangement between Chueng and the ghost of Ng Mui, Chueng and all his senior students would have been killed in the night by a band of masked assassins!!

Tigerstyle
02-14-2002, 11:24 AM
LOL! I think I saw that movie, fa_jing.

Ford Prefect
02-14-2002, 11:29 AM
Stuff like this is such BS. If they really wanted to prove themselves, they and their best students should get together and thrown down. They're like little girls writing letters about each other and pouting. Boo hoo! My kung fu is better! Boo hoo! You only beat me because Jupiter's moon's were aligned causing me extreme internal inbalance...

Ryu
02-14-2002, 11:40 AM
I would have sucker punched Emin the second time he came up to me after I said "no." Then kicked him in the head when he was down :D

tee hee.

Ryu

jjj
02-14-2002, 12:20 PM
>>! My kung fu is better! Boo hoo! You only beat me because Jupiter's moon's were aligned causing me extreme internal inbalance...<<

Lol at Ford.

I think they should have settled this one in the octagon with a no grappling rule in place. Then maybe we could see if they could make this stuff work on each other...

Knifefighter
02-14-2002, 12:25 PM
I remember watching a tape of the fight a while back and thinking, "Now I see why he wouldn't agree to fight Royce."

txwingchun
02-14-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ryu
I would have sucker punched Emin the second time he came up to me after I said "no." Then kicked him in the head when he was down :D

tee hee.

Ryu
I used that on my girl today cause she was being a smart ass works pretty good:D

rogue
02-14-2002, 03:47 PM
If it went down anything close like the old geezer said, does'nt that bring up the question about how Emin could win 200 street fights?

fa_jing
02-14-2002, 04:33 PM
Well, usually when someone makes that kind of a claim, they say something like "200 street fights without a loss". My first Wing Chun instructor made such a claim. What it means is that they never suffered a clear defeat, however, there might be 175 draws and 25 wins, mostly against the weaker opponents.

Tigerstyle
02-14-2002, 05:26 PM
300 fights, rogue.

"I keep the record of over 300 bare-hand fights and have never been defeated."

rogue
02-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Whoops, sorry about that. Wouldn't want to cheat him out of his due. ;)

I have a friend that has had a couple of hundred street & bar fights, I asked him how many he won and how many he lost. He said, " I really couldn't tell you, but I lived through everyone of them". He also has a wheelbarrow full of scars from them and other adventures. Emin looks kind of clean for that many fights.

Stacey
02-14-2002, 07:48 PM
True, unless he is as invincible as he says, but I don't think so.

Sammo Hung was a streetfighter, he has the lip scar to prove it. Sammo is as fast, if not faster than Emin, so I kind of doubt Boztepe. Besides, going in a pack and beating on untrained German isn't anything to be proud of. German's never had that President Kenedy Physical fitness push. The guys dress well, and are athletic, but not really strong like a football player or wrestler. From what I've heard, they are way into tennis. If he is so skilled as to beat a guy up and not get touched, then he is a real insecure needle ****ed arsehole for beating so many people up. There is no need. As for being a Turk in Germany, thats a load of ****. The nazi's are in East Germany, he's in a very liberal section, where Neo Nazi's get the crap beaten out of them. There is also a substantial Turkish population in Germany, some are even in Office. I just did a report after sep 11th on Middle East/ Western relations in Europe and talked to a turkish German exchange student in school. Who Btw hasn't even heard of Emin.

anton
02-14-2002, 08:17 PM
People that get into street fights do tend to have a lot of scars. I knew a guy who had a sizeable chunk bitten off his pec by the girlfriend of the guy he was fighting.

vingtsunstudent
02-15-2002, 01:25 AM
one chunk.
hell, i got 2 beauty scars from being bitten on seperate occasions.
what can i say, i'm just a tastey dish.
vts

Nichiren
02-15-2002, 03:55 AM
Emin was my SiFu but I changed to another lineage. He is indeed a monster when it comes to fighting. I have seen him playing with guys at my kwoon that were 100kg's and 2:nd degree technichians in WT. I have also seen him practise WT anti-grappling (it sometimes looks like ordinary grappling ;) ) with really skilled WT guys and he dominated them.

I don't like the guy because he is a bully but he is the best WC fighter I have seen yet.

I have also heard from sihings that after the Cheung incident he fought a lot of fights in the kwoon due to the reputation he gained and he never lost.

KnightSabre
02-15-2002, 06:41 AM
It's easy to look good when you're sparring someone that does the same style as you and you know what to expect.

Nichiren
02-15-2002, 07:01 AM
Knightsabre: I think sparring someone from the same style is a double-edged sword. You kind of know what to expect but so does the opponent.

In WC we also say that it is a b!tch sparring someone from WC because we utilize the same principles, full speed ahead, control the centerline, etc.

I'm not saying that Emin is my hero but the guy works out 4 hours a day, most often with advanced guys, at a high tempo with very realistic sparring.

KnightSabre
02-15-2002, 07:44 AM
If the guy trains 4 hours a day REALISTICALLY then he must be good.

Stacey
02-15-2002, 03:41 PM
yeah, but its no hallmark of skill to beat up your students. I'm no expert, but if I trained 10 people, I could constantly beat them up. I'm not that great, its just that they would be worse. The Mark of a Sifu is his students.

anerlich
02-15-2002, 08:20 PM
This stuff is about as relevant to modern MA as the Taliban is to current world politics.

My school is ex-Cheung. My Sifu always smiles at and talks to the WT guys in Sydney when our paths cross at demos, fight nights, etc.

Both groups no doubt secretly thnk they could kick the others' a$$e$, if you don't think that you're in the wrong school. but ultimately the histrionics of two immature egomaniacs 15 years ago have no relevance to modern times (particularly if you don't belong to either lineage, even more if you don't do WC).

Rolling_Hand
02-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Anton,
--People that get into street fights do tent to have a lot of scares.

Exactly! How else do one accrue the wealth of experience?
That wasn't a fight at all between Cheung & Bozo, it's a well laid plan to ambush...