PDA

View Full Version : ELBOW's thought on the GERMANY INCIDENT!!!

Rolling Elbow
02-14-2002, 11:23 AM
Look,

Its clear we could go in cirlces about the merits of grappling or the biased story telling involved in the Gheung - Botzepe incident. But lets look at two simple facts:

1. Emin initiated the attack and it failed in its over all purpose..to DEFEAT a master

2. Cheung was a master and despite falling and the ugliness of the wrestling that ensued...did not get hurt.

So you see, real fighting and instances where the environment helps to dictate the outcome mean things like kata and chi sao will never be seen in their entirety.... Cheung did not get his ass kicked, who cares what it looked like. He who survives an attack and can walk away still retains the title he started with..."master". Nothing tarnished there.

p.s- I also don't beleive Cheung when he says Botzepe would have no counter to a headlock lol...who the hell doesn't have a counter to a headlock. If Botzepe was in fact a high school wrestler..than he forgot a great deal!!!! Can anyone say a tug on the nuts or a firemans carry?!

Just my two cents...they meannothing of course.

Knifefighter
02-14-2002, 01:45 PM
A fireman's from a headlock? I think you might have your moves mixed up.

BTW, if you are interested in headlock escapes, the Gracies have the most extensive repertoire that I have seen. I think they have a tape of many of their headlock escapes.

fiercest tiger
02-14-2002, 02:42 PM
Hi mate,

i have to disagree here as what i saw was emin playing with cheung! he was taken down in a second then cheung was trying to cover as emin was locking his arm across cheungs body and giving him a couple of serves.

emin could have messed him up thats for sure...sorry dude:( emin let him go also.

red5angel
02-14-2002, 02:55 PM
The way I see it, if you like WC, you are going to say he was probably right, if you like Emin, then you will say he was in the right. Either way, only a few people know what really happened. Personally, I think it is hard to say. WC is a master at what he does, he is very good. Emin is all ego and his wing chun is a pale shadow of what it is supposed to be. he may be a good fighter but I wouldnt consider what he does Wing chun, maybe Boztepe Fu or something. It recquires a lot of posing topless in pictures while flexing, and punching everyone who comes close to you in a seminar so they can all compare bruises later and say "wow, that Boztepe guy sure is powerful."

sanchezero
02-14-2002, 04:17 PM
I gotta say that both Willy and Emma are pure doofus.

I must qualify this with - I've never met either and so am informed only by hearsay. But, like others, I'll form opinions based on vicious rumors :)

So much self-serving boosheet comin from both camps..."I've got the secret footwork." "I've whipped over 800 buttcheeks, down and dirty in the streets of 3rd world ghettos."

Yadda yadda yadda. Shut up already.

:rolleyes:

Rolling Elbow
02-15-2002, 11:21 AM
I did get my moves mixed up..but you get the point!

vingtsunstudent
02-15-2002, 11:30 AM
elbow
are my old friend, are you still disappearing in clouds of smoke.
that's what you ninjas do isn't it?
i bet that would really f up little willie & big bad emin.;) :rolleyes: :D

vts

vingtsunstudent
02-15-2002, 11:50 AM
hey bud
having not seen you in so long i was gonna' send a private message til' i found this in your profile.
'Does not like to play "ninja" and dress up like Ashida Kim.., enjoys functional, realistic, street savy taijutsu the way it was intended to be!'
man that made me laugh for soooooooooooo long i nearly fell of the chair.
that's cool, i really needed to laugh & it's good to see you've lightened up on that ''not really tryin' to hide the fact you love playin' ninja thing'';) that you so vigorously try to deny from yourself.
oh i've missed you.............we did have some fun didn't we.
vts