PDA

View Full Version : wave master

ANIMAL
02-14-2002, 04:38 PM
What do you guys think of century's original wave master? Im thinking about buying one but I think it will fall over if I punch or kick it to hard.

ANIMAL

nightwing_38116
02-14-2002, 07:41 PM
They're pretty good especially if you have little space. I've got one and am very satisfied with it. They don't fall over too often. If someone says that it does they probably are pushing their strikes and should learn how to kick or hit properly. I think that it's a wise investment.

Snoopy2000
02-14-2002, 09:23 PM
I have a Wave Master and I find the workout is pretty good, however, I have the problem with it moving because it stands on a rug and moves around a bit which is a pain in the ass!

Any suggests anyone?

Snoopy

dwid
02-15-2002, 09:18 AM
Yeah.

Beat it savagely back and forth across the room.

Mine does the same thing, so I just work my way around it so I don't push it into a wall.

Arhat of Fury
02-15-2002, 09:50 AM
I have one too, and it works great. I fill mine with water(easy to move) and beat the hell out of it. Even when I gwa sow it, it stays standing. It does move around the room abit but I bet some rubber strips on the bottom would cure that- Have fun!

AOF

nightwing_38116
02-15-2002, 02:58 PM
You can buy one of those no slip bath tub thingies and put it under the WaveMaster to keep it from moving. If not, just turn the movement of the WM into a drill of its own.

Stacey
02-15-2002, 04:28 PM
no sidekicks. They fly. Period. You will constantly be picking it up.

xiong
02-18-2002, 09:07 AM
If you dont hsve alot of space. Put it in the middle of the room and work around it as it moves. They fall over if you kick right. In a fight you should be kicking through your opponent. If you can kick over a bag with 200lbs of water in it then you can probably drop your average opponent.

If you have a place to put a hanging bag stand or to anchor a swivel then get that, but if you don't have room or a good place to anchor from the wavemaster can't be beat.

PHILBERT
02-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Well, I was at a sports store the other day and the guy there recommended you fill it up with water until you reach the bottom of the bag. I have kicked those things every which way, front kick, push kick, roundhouse, side kick, hook kick, you name it and I was never able to knock it over when it was filled up that high. I was able to lift it several inches off the ground when I did certain kicks, but never once knocked it over. I got the thing to lift about 4-5 inches off the ground and go flying through the air for about 8-10 inches at a time with a side kick, but it never tipped.

dwid
02-18-2002, 04:49 PM
I filled mine with about 250 lbs. of sand. It's even more bottom-heavy than with water. I would challenge anyone to knock the thing over any other way than maybe tackling it.

Arhat of Fury
02-19-2002, 09:22 AM
I agree with dwid, anyone stating they can knock these over must not be filling them high enough with water/sand. I fill mine with water and they do not "knock over" at all. Even when I do a full blown Sau with forearm. The first thing that will happen is the stump of the skinny part will flex because it is not capabale of bearing the weight(fully loaded) to knock it over.

AOF

jun_erh
02-19-2002, 03:50 PM
I want to build this one that's in "home training" by Mike Young. It's sort of like the wavemaster. The bottom level is a tire on it's side, then this is filled with cement, then this huge telephone pole like log goes up and you nail the padding on that. I can't really build things but my friend might help me.:D

PaleDragon
02-25-2002, 11:41 PM
i have a wavemaster...i've knocked mine over quite a few times and it dents in where it falls...this is probably cause my kung fu is not good and im not striking correctly...i put a mat under mine that stopped it from sliding(for the most part) so that might have contributed to its capsizing also. I like it alot tho...i wish it were warm enough outside for me to use it again.