PDA

View Full Version : Prayers-->Please Read!

RENEGADE_MONK
02-14-2002, 05:09 PM
I'm posting to ask a favor of you guys, This past Sat a very good friend of mine was killed riding his motorcycle on his way home from work. This is a very tough loss to his wife which is whom I'm asking you guys to pray to give her strength to help her make it thru this, not only did she loose her husband (my friend) MSgt Anthony R Hammonds

But she also lost her newborn baby girl "Amanda" last week during birth. So if you guys can spare 15sec' of your life to pray for another maybe somehow, someway she can draw strength from this.

Thanks for your time!!

Mojo
02-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Gosh, that's got to be an almost impossible situation to go through.
She's got my prayers.

NorthernMantis
02-14-2002, 05:14 PM
Don't worry man my prayers are with them.I had a similar incident a while back.Very sad to hera that.My condoloences to both you and her.

TjD
02-14-2002, 05:16 PM
shes definately got a place in mine

sounds like she can use all the help she can get

om mani padme hum

peace
trav

DelicateSound
02-14-2002, 05:27 PM
There's no way to reply to something like that.
My heart and prayers are with her, yourself and everyone concerned.

prana
02-14-2002, 05:36 PM
Renegade Monk

Just in case you believe what I say, here are some things to do.

Best to do it early and quickly, near the deceased. Visualise Lord Amitabha, body red in colour, seated on a lotus flower on top of the deceased, shinning great red light unto the deceased. Chant the mantra "Om Ami Dewa Hrih" and visualise the deceased arising also as Amitabha himself.

Speak to the deceased in your minds heart, and tell him not to be afraid of the great shinning lights, the loud thunder roars and different manifestations, but do not hide and be distracted by in the dimmer lights.

Every exact 7 days for 49 days, at the time of his passing, chant the mantra as above.

Your friend and family has my prayers. I am sorry for what happened...

bamboo_ leaf
02-14-2002, 05:49 PM
The finial step in a road that we all travel, not always easy for those left behind.

My thoughts like the many rivers reaching the ocean,
are ones of compassion and love for those suffering such a loss.

RENEGADE_MONK
02-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Thanks guys this means alot not for me but for his wife the support she is getting from the Air National Guard, family and friends is tremendous.

I'm just trying to do and think of anything I can to help her.

Prana,
Thanks but the service was earlier today so its to late unfortunately.

I can't thank you guy's enough for your kind words

Peace

prana
02-14-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by RENEGADE_MONK
Thanks guys this means alot not for me but for his wife the support she is getting from the Air National Guard, family and friends is tremendous.

I'm just trying to do and think of anything I can to help her.

Prana,
Thanks but the service was earlier today so its to late unfortunately.

I can't thank you guy's enough for your kind words

Peace

Not too late. Never too late. 7 days and the bardo can last 7 times the 7 days making a total of 49 days. But if you dont subscribe to this belief, I do not blame you and completely understand.

What TjD said is great for her.

DelicateSound
02-14-2002, 05:57 PM
It's hard to lose someone close to you, but there is small comfort in the fact that he is safe now - somewhere far greater than where we stand.

All you can do Renegade Monk is to be there for those concerned, and for yourself - it's hard losing a friend, and we all pray for you also.

Peace - Delicate.

Ray Pina
02-14-2002, 06:02 PM
Consider it done, not once, but several times tonight, and as long as I can keep her there ... in my prayers.

rogue
02-14-2002, 06:07 PM
If someone sets up a fund for them let us know.

Cody
02-14-2002, 06:15 PM
My prayers are strong wishes, solemn ones. Not the same as what is generally considered prayer. The best I have to offer, I give.
What a loss. very sorry.

Cody

GreyMystik
02-14-2002, 06:25 PM
i don't pray, but my deepest sympathies and condolences are offered to this woman.

Ryu
02-14-2002, 06:27 PM
What else would a prayer be besides a solemn wish? :)

Renegade, I'm very sorry.
Of course I will take time out for prayer.

Ryu

Stranger
02-14-2002, 06:30 PM
will do

Wu Wei
02-14-2002, 09:29 PM
It is good of you to ask for prayers. And you have mine.

Cody
02-14-2002, 09:42 PM
um, yes. That would be the basis of prayer. But, often it is assumed one has belief in and/or is praying to a diety.

Ryu, do you think things are getting worse in this world? Or is it that we no longer feel so insulated anymore, on top of everything else.

Cody