PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for 2 new Forums!

red_fists
02-14-2002, 07:09 PM
While I like KFO, I would like to see 2 Forums added taht I enjoy on E-Budo:

1.) The No Holds Bar and Grill:
Unmoderated, where People can talk openly and sort disputes out.

2.) Bad Chuan Fa (Or equivalent):
A Forum where we can discuss Shools, styles of dubious linage or conduct.

What say ye, fellow brethren.

KungFuGuy!
02-14-2002, 07:21 PM
It would have to be lightly moderated, we can't have racial slurs being allowed on message boards or KFO could get in some trouble.
I think we should also have a board called Britney Spears is Hot. On this board we would discuss the physical attraction we have towards britney spears.

red_fists
02-14-2002, 07:23 PM
Brittney spears.

Bleeech. She is as bad as the spice girls.

:P

red_fists
02-14-2002, 07:27 PM
1.) NHB Forum:
What I meant was no assigned moderator, but still somebody keeping an eye on the ongoings there and sending serious offenders to "Chuan Fa Hell".

2.) Bad Chuan Fa:
This would be to discuss People like everybodies Hero "Qimaster",etc.
Moderated of course.

Water Dragon
02-14-2002, 07:33 PM
We need a Grappling Arts board. For Shuai Chiao, Chin Na, and other grappling arts.

prana
02-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Off topic page :)

Britney does nothing for me. :(

anton
02-14-2002, 08:47 PM
I second that idea. Meaningful MA discussion could go on in the main forums, and any threads that turn into flame-wars can be moved to the flame forum or the "dubious lineage" forum, if thats what they're about.

Leonidas
02-14-2002, 08:56 PM
We need something like the NorthStar Project that Cyberkwoon has. If people are willing they can explain something about their art then we could cut back on some of the questions that newbies have and it'll be generally informative. It could have history, principles, characteristics etc.

Merryprankster
02-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Grappling forum. Needed.

Leonidas
02-14-2002, 09:04 PM
I dont mean this in a bad way but what Chinese Grappling styles are their besides Shuai Chiao, Chin-na and Dog boxing which i dont think anyone practices. Oh yea theres Golden Dragon which is even more unknown. So thats leaves the first 2

Leonidas
02-14-2002, 09:06 PM
Then again theres a forum for Praying Mantis, Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do.......................I'll shut up now. :o

Leonidas
02-14-2002, 09:08 PM
GO Grappling Forum!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

sanchezero
02-14-2002, 10:47 PM
Grappling forum, boosheet forum and hot betty forum. Because there ain't no BS 'bout the hotties.

And Christina Aguilera is WAAAAAY hotter than Britney Spears.

Sam Wiley
02-14-2002, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by sanchezero
And Christina Aguilera is WAAAAAY hotter that Britney Spears.

Agreed!

I don't think we need the equivalent of a "bad budo" forum, because there's plenty of bashing that goes on in the main forum without having to dedicate even more space. Besides, people here love to bash, and the forum on E-Budo is supposed to remain factual in nature. I don't think people here would be able to resist outright bashing on a forum like that, and it would become a bloody mess, so to speak.

A grappling forum might not be a bad idea. Besides, NHB topics might be more at home there or in their own forum, even. Couldn't hurt to try, anyway. Personal stuff shouldn't (theoretically anyway) get posted at all. Email or PMs are the way to go there.

red_fists
02-14-2002, 11:33 PM
Besides, people here love to bash, and the forum on E-Budo is supposed to remain factual in nature.

Wouldn't it be nice to some facts that proove a point, rather than the pointless little girl bickering that goes on. :confused:

A grappling forum might not be a bad idea.

Question: Where would I discuss grappling in Tai Chi, in the Tai Chi forum or in the grappling forum??

Besides, NHB topics might be more at home there or in their own forum, even.

Sprry, I don't want any NHB discussion cluttering the TCC Forum.
The indivual forumes are there to share ideas about the specific arts and not to
insult each other.

Said, that E-Budo has stricter rules and stricter enforcing of rules.

wushu chik
02-15-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by red_fists
While I like KFO, I would like to see 2 Forums added that I enjoy on E-Budo:

1.) The No Holds Bar and Grill:
Unmoderated, where People can talk openly and sort disputes out.

2.) Bad Chuan Fa (Or equivalent):
A Forum where we can discuss Shools, styles of dubious linage or conduct.

What say ye, fellow brethren.

red_fists......you know how much trouble that would get me into. It would be TOO MUCH FUN to have stuff like that on here, and I think thats the reason they don't do it. People like me would have too good of a time with that!

That would just be adding fuel to the fire. I do agree with KungFuGuy! about the racist stuff, and I think that KFO would get into way to much trouble. There's to many of us on here that are totally open with how they feel and say what they want to, no matter what it is.

~Wen~

David Jamieson
02-15-2002, 06:39 AM
The -Other Related Arts- forum is exactly for those members who wish to post about martial arts that aren't chinese martial arts known broadly as Kung Fu but rather are associated as martial arts or even things such as painting or poetry.

Grappling and painting can work together! :D

The forums that exist cover a huge amount of topics.

please feel free to use them.

By the way, wushu chick, how can we know who's lineage is dubious and who's is not? That is a whole can of worms in everyone's respected art and would probably just turn into a huge threat slinging trash talking smackmouth site with no profiles or names on the posters as usual so that they will not have to live up to their words if they should ever by chance be met by someone from the school they contested vis a vis mouth boxing here.

It's a small world in the m.a community. Not many of us do these arts after all when you look at the big picture. less than .05% of north american people diligently study and practice Martial arts of any kind.

peace