PDA

View Full Version : Yea ha...I got my green belt

Aramus
02-14-2002, 07:44 PM
I just finished testing...I'm a green belt now. Go me! Now on to learning the chinese broad sword!!!:D

Just had to share...

You can all go back to your lives now.
Thanks
Peace.:)

Budokan
02-14-2002, 08:11 PM
Congratulations!

Stranger
02-14-2002, 08:13 PM
Cool
:)

red_fists
02-14-2002, 08:14 PM
Congrats.

Even though I don't know the meaning of a green Belt.

Leonidas
02-14-2002, 08:49 PM
Congrats.............but uh, what style is it in

Aramus
02-15-2002, 10:41 AM
Well, I guess it means I've worked real hard, learned somewhere around 90 techniques or so. Some unique forms that get more and more interesting as I learn more of them and more about the ones I've learned. Lots of sparring, lots of practice, lots of conditioning (physical), lots of sweat (and laundry). Tested for yellow, yellow with orange stripe, orange, orange with purple strip, purple, purple with blue stripe, blue, blue with green stripe, green. This is like having a second degree yellow, orange, etc.
Tests consist of forms, technique application (do the technique), a review of random old techniques, at the end getting hit twice with the fist and once with the foot in the stomach (as long as you breathe right it really doesn't hurt). You also have to attend group classes (I do a semi-private meaning I go with a friend and it is one on two instruction).

The system I'm learning is American Kenpo Karate. However, it is a mixture of the Ed Parker system and the tracy system of American Kenpo Karate to different degrees.

I still do the one form of Tai chi that I know. I would like to learn some type of internal art in the future. Right now my money is tight, and I'm not sure where I would go to learn just right now (mostly money concerns).

Thanks to all.

Peace, and have a great day.

shaolinboxer
02-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Excellent!

:)

Nexus
02-15-2002, 12:08 PM
I spent seven years doing American Kenpo, and if I wasn't training an internal art and the main alaskan Kenpo instructor hadn't left the state I would still be training it, I really enjoyed it.

Congratulations on the progress.

- Nexus

Robinf
02-15-2002, 12:28 PM
congrats!

you'll love the broadsword. personally, it's my favorite weapon next to the staff.

Robin