PDA

View Full Version : Question on Hand Training.

red_fists
02-15-2002, 12:00 AM
Hi All.

Maybe one of you Guys or Gals know where I can get the following or instructions for making my own.

In some CMA Grip strength and Hand"toughness" are trained by catching Bags filled with a variety of goods.

Hold in hand, throw up and catch again.

Those bags can be filled with any thing from grain, sand to rocks.

I wanna go for this type of training as I can easily do it at work. :)

So if anybody knows a supplier or similar,
please, let me know.

I find that most Dice bags are sold are either way to small or not touhg enough to hold the contents.

Shooter
02-15-2002, 12:33 AM
Cut 2 squares of canvas 8 or 9 inches square. Sew three sides, fill the bag and sew up the fourth. Use heavy thread like the stuff used to sew leather sheaths and boots. Keep the stitches small and close together, or you can double the seams. After you've sewn three sides, turn it inside out to hide the seams and the rough edges. If you use gravel, wash and dry it before filling the bag with it. Only fill the bag half to two-thirds full.

red_fists
02-15-2002, 12:37 AM
Hi Shooter.

Thanks, for the Info.

Looking forward to your next Post on breathing.

Thanks again.

Shooter
02-15-2002, 11:06 PM
Yes...I'm sure you are.

Best of luck in your training.

Water Dragon
02-16-2002, 09:33 AM
Yeah, I make my bags out of canvas too. Another thing to do is buy one of those cheap grip things they sale at any sports store. When you you squeeze it, make sure you have it upside down. The thumb is always the weak part of your grip, turning the gripper upside down lets you exercise your thumb more.

red_fists
02-19-2002, 01:04 AM
Question.
How good are the Chin-Na Bags found at online sites, or are the not worth the money.

Got my Wife to do me some Canvas Bags as per Instruction.
She is good at making those type of things as she makes her own juggling Balls. :D

Been practicing so far with some of her Juggling Balls, nice but too light as they only got spices/seeds in.

Anyhuh, thanking in advance for any replies.