PDA

View Full Version : For IronFist

Ford Prefect
02-15-2002, 09:46 AM
Hey dude,

I saw your question wasn't answered at Dragon Door, so I figured I'd help a brother out. This is a copy of Jason's Bench routine. (he does his legs westside style)

I started PTP on June 30th. I did 1 set of 5 reps per day M-F starting with 225lbs and added five pounds per day until I had difficulty getting 5 reps with a weight and called that my 5RM. I would then do ladders with that weight (1-2-3 repeat/rest same minutes as reps) for the next two weeks every other day. Then I dropped 10 lbs below the 5RM and went back to doing 1 set of 5 reps per day adding 5 lbs a day again until I had difficulty completing another weight for 5 reps. I take two days off and try a new 1RM every two months. My results were as follows:

June 30th: August 30th: October 31:
1RM 335 1RM 385 1RM 420
5RM 285 5RM 325 5RM 360

After benching I did one-arm snatch pulls with DB's and heavy ab work. I am drug free and my bodyweight went down from 235 to 226 without doing any aerobics and my diet would be considered poor by anyone's standards (unless you're a big believer in fast food). My lifts were witnessed by my co-workers as well as a few powerlifters who compete with me. If I lied about my results they would call my bluff.

RECAP -

Phase 1:
1 set of 5 reps
-Everyday add 5 lbs until you hit your 5RM

Phase 2:
Ladders w/5RM
-Every other day for 2 weeks
-Ladders should be 1,2,3 1,2,… etc
-Rest the same amount of minutes as reps performed(ie 2 reps/rest 2 minutes)
-Stop when form starts to go

After two weeks is over, drop 10 lbs off your 5RM max and use that weight to start phase 1.

It looks pretty interesting. I'm going to give it a try in a few month myself. My 5RM for the bench still isn't 225, so I want to work up to that before I start. Let me know how you like it though. ;)