PDA

View Full Version : Sil Lum Fut Ga Kung Fu

Taijimantis
01-16-2001, 02:31 AM
Does anyone know about this system, or Grandmaster Lee in Hawaii?

Taijimantis
01-16-2001, 05:24 PM
What does Fut Ga mean?

Kung Lek
01-16-2001, 06:16 PM
Fut Ga means "Buddha Style"

It is also "Fut Gar" and "Fut Chang" which is Buddha palm.

When the word "fut" is in the name of a system or set it is representitive of that system or set being developed in a buddhist temple by a buddhist monk practitioner.

peace (correct me if I missed anything)

Kung Lek

Laine Nakachi
05-08-2001, 10:34 AM
Does anyone know abou this system or grandmaster Lee in Hawaii .

Taijimantis ,

Yes , I do know about grandmaster Lee, he teaches Sil Lum Fut Ga ( Shaolin Buddhist Family Fist ) . It's a kung fu system which contains essential techniques, deriving from the fighting styles of the 5 Shaolin Monks .Li ,Hung,Mok,Choy,Lau.The theory of the art is to attack the opponent before he even nows it comming.The power comes from velocity , along with the power of the horse stance or ma bu.This 2 elements is what creates the optimum force in Sil Lum Fut Ga Kuen.
The concept evolves around the yin / yang theory of touch / go movements.

The man who brought the art to Hawaii was Proffessor Lum Dai Yung. You can read about it in the past issues of Kung Fu /
Qi Qong and the Inside Kung Fu magazine .
You can learn sil lum fut ga at 2 places ,
In Hawaii at the Gee Yung International Martial Arts Assn. And at the Gee Yung in the San Francisco Area .
It's a combination of Northern & Southern
kung fu styles.

And Grandmaster Lee is good , but still a humble man .He's like my second father ,and his son , my second bother.The art is also based on speed and balance.Velocity is basically relaxed moves combined with speed.And inorder for anyone to effectively defend themselves in any situation you need balance.It's an internal & external style.Internally you're using chi because you're relaxed,and using speed.Externally ,if your horse stance or ma bu is strong.Your opponent's offense can't penetrate your defense.Mainly because of the power of the horse stance or ma bu.The art is filled with self defense techniques ,which utilizes economy of motions.Chin Na ,sweeping , and take downs.

Take Care ,
Sil Lum Kuen
P.S. I trained with both father and son.And they are good , not to brag about them but they are good.And humble too.Bye.