PDA

View Full Version : Water Dragon

RAF
02-15-2002, 06:37 PM
Couldn't get a e-mail through to you.

I'll be down in Colombus on Saturday, judging taiji. Some of our school will be there. Its an Asian Festival too and my wife will be along.

We may be able to get together for dinner or after I finish the judging.

I called 1 month ago and they have no hotel or motel space near the tournament so we are heading back on Saturday nite.

Hope to see you there.

You might want to think about coming to spring seminar. Tony will teach an upper level praying mantis, Fen Shen Ba Zhou, its an 8 elbow form (not sure about that Shen, my teacher has a strong Shandong/Taiwanese accent and my ears are accustomed to a Beijing accent).

Later.
;)

Brad
02-15-2002, 09:53 PM
Hi there! I'll be there too! I might be competing in Taiji, depending on if I can get a uniform on time and how much practice I can fit in next week. If I don't compete, I'll be taking photos.

RAF
02-16-2002, 06:02 AM
Brad:

I'll look forward to seeing you and your Master An Tianrong.

I hope he is doing well and I also hope you are picking up some of the xiao baji.

See you there!

Water Dragon
02-16-2002, 09:26 AM
Sorry, can't make it. Try and find Nathan Menaged if you get a chance. He's one of those few who "has it" real good guy. Also, since you're judging, if you see a real big guy with a beard say hi. That's Greg Knight and is also a very skilled individual.

RAF
02-16-2002, 02:41 PM
Water Dragon:

Sorry you can't make it. I think I judged with Nathan once, name sounds familiar. Will check our Greg.

Next Time

count
02-16-2002, 05:43 PM
buttering up the judge;)

RAF
02-16-2002, 07:59 PM
Hey Count:

Your Kungfu brother (I assume) wrote a really nice article in Inside Kungfu this month. I am waiting for the second part.

Great Job!

Water Dragon
02-16-2002, 08:04 PM
Greg is one of Nathan's senior students. You may have met him already.

count
02-16-2002, 08:25 PM
Well, not that informational but cool publicity. Neal wrote the article and Jim was in the photo's. Jim has been with us a long time but I don't even know Neal that well. I still say they should have shown more applications and used Sifu more but oh well. I'm curious about part 2 (piqua) next month. What do you think about the cruise I wrote about in the other thread? Tell Tony about it, maybe he is interested.

RAF
02-16-2002, 09:24 PM
Count:

I'll mention it to Tony. However, we are headed for the Qingdao tournament in July and he may return to Wu Bin's tournament in August.

Depending on my wife's visa status, I would like to return to China.

If any of you are interested in traveling to Qingdao and competing in the tournament, check out the website and application form. Ma Long took his students with some of us and we had a great time. Rooms and food are great and they may return to Huang Shan for 3 or 4 days.

Cruise sounds like a great idea, too.

count
02-16-2002, 10:09 PM
Wow, the tournament sounds great. Only we're saving to go to Shandong and Hebei sometime this year or next. Plus the cruise and maybe another trip to see you guys for your tournament this year. Wish I could travel back and forth at will. I'll check out the website though and pass the word to everyone else.