PDA

View Full Version : COMBAT KI -is not Chi !!

Tinman
02-15-2002, 10:57 PM
Combat- Ki the extreme Art

Ki- brings out the utmost strength of a persons inner Being
Unlike anything chi can do!

Someone with -Ki- can withstand anything that would kill a norman person.

Roy Sacharnoski.
founder of combat -Ki

You will get punched at Full Force in the throat,sternim,stomic and legs.

His Technique was documented on
The Discovery Channel

Karate, direct and to the point

How can anyone say KI and Chi are the same thing??

prana
02-16-2002, 12:10 AM
Aaahahhaahah of course they are not. They are spelled differently.

In fact, the people who practise Qi and Ki are at least 500 kms apart

:D

Didnt you know that ???

*sorry for my crazy humour*

respectmankind
02-16-2002, 12:13 AM
Uhuh, no comment other than no comment and other than.

red_fists
02-16-2002, 12:45 AM
Chi = Chinese
Ki = Japanese.

Same Chinese Character different reading/pronounciation.

I spoke to some of the Combat-Ki Guys and they are doing straigth Iron Chi-Kung
or Ki-Ko in japanese.

But they said not many do the high-level Chi-kung that use herbal supplements(aka Golden xxxx.

Chinwoo-er
02-16-2002, 11:20 AM
being the devil's advocate i am..........

I think there is a difference the "concept" of Ki and Qi. ( note I said "concept" )

according to ancient chinese........ whatever you want

the human energy is split into three forms. jing, Qi and Shen.

Jing is the raw power. essense of life. Uncontrolable

Qi is the stuff that flows through our body when Jing changes form. It is controlable. But not really usable. Keeps us alive and our vitals running.

Shen is the stuff that gives us the 'energy'. It comes from Qi afer it has changed form. We feel high when we get too much of it. we feel recharged in the morning because we have just got plenty of Qi so we have alot of Shen to use. also, when Qi is channelled, it can turn into shen to use in fighitng.

So in a sense, fighintg Ki is Shen and not Qi

but if one culture does not make that distinction between them, well, there is no difference.

as far as the 'morning' part is concerned. I am certain there is somehign wrong with my Shen system. I am never recharged.:D

Nexus
02-16-2002, 11:22 AM
LOL Prana! :-)

EARTH DRAGON
02-16-2002, 12:10 PM
I saw that documentary and I must say it was one of the most pathetic things remotly related to chi gong that has ever been covered on that channel.

The idea of allowing everyone in the class to hit you in the throat and kick you in the groin to recieve your black belt is one step above paying for it.

Please do not flame me and tell me that I dont know what I am talking about for that was not a harsh uneducated statement. I am a teacher of gin gon tzu li gong , a high level medical qigong and I can assure you that his way can be compared to the that of the health clubs that offer Tai Chi for stress relief..........

PHILBERT
02-16-2002, 12:21 PM
Ron Kazynski or whatever his name is, that guy is a fraud and has been exposed numerous of times. What I personally find amusing was when one guy got kicked in the groin, he walked away limping. Oh yeah that stuff REALLY protects you!

Tinman
02-16-2002, 02:21 PM
COMBAT-KI Teaches you how to deal with REAL life situations.

Through proper meditation these Martial Artist can withstand almost anything.

Roy Sacharnoski's black belt students have indeed earned their status.
They could beat any other black belt in any other style!

Tinman
02-16-2002, 02:25 PM
Why do you think Discovery channel did a documentary on him

DelicateSound
02-16-2002, 02:59 PM
Why do you think Discovery channel did a documentary on him

Because they knew far fetched BS like that sh!t he makes up would bring in a high revenue. After all - Mr.Joe Public knows jack-f*cking-sh!t about Martial Arts. For all he knows Origami will protect you. Tell the f*cking D.Channel to go film some endangered seals.

Through proper meditation these Martial Artist can withstand almost anything

You get one to meditate infront of me - and see if it makes his skull anymore resistant to my Iron bar.

Yeah, and BJJ is superior :rolleyes: Anyone else on TrollCon 5 here?

JasBourne
02-16-2002, 03:08 PM
"TrollCon 5" heheheheheheheh :D

Nahh, seriously, let the kid have his delusions. Darwinism will eventually take him out.

;)

respectmankind
02-16-2002, 03:09 PM
So you saying, this magical energy will make their skull less likely to fracture when I hit it? Why is this ancheint secret being with held from us? lol

DelicateSound
02-16-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JasBourne
Nahh, seriously, let the kid have his delusions. Darwinism will eventually take him out.

If Darwinism won't - I know plenty of people who will give it a helping hand....... :D

Problem is - he ain't a kid. He's 22. Now if THIS is what the worlds populous is turning into.......

May I direct you to www.realbeer.com - to drown your sorrows regarding the assho|es of this planet.

JasBourne
02-16-2002, 03:38 PM
"he ain't a kid. He's 22"

He's a kid.

'till they hit their mid-30's, guys are big kids who just think they are grown men. After age 35, they got some smarts under their belt, so they cruise along for about 10 years, slam into a mid-life crisis, and decide they are 22 again. This is why sales of flashy red sportscars are so large - you get 'em coming and going. The only time a guy will willingly purchase a sensible car is between 35 - 45, when he realizes he can't fit the wife AND the kids in his red two-seater.

;) :D :p

prana
02-16-2002, 03:52 PM
Nexus -

heheheh BTW Alaska is beautiful, at least from what I can see on TeeVee yesterday.

Timman,

What is the first step to learning Ki ? I already own a black colored belt so it will hold the Ki in properly.

But I thought that red belt was supposed to hold the Ki in properly ? Oh wait, hahaha sorry, that was Chi, not Ki..... my bad...

DelicateSound
02-16-2002, 04:18 PM
[B'till they hit their mid-30's, guys are big kids who just think they are grown men. After age 35, they got some smarts under their belt, so they cruise along for about 10 years, slam into a mid-life crisis, and decide they are 22 again. This is why sales of flashy red sportscars are so large - you get 'em coming and going. The only time a guy will willingly purchase a sensible car is between 35 - 45, when he realizes he can't fit the wife AND the kids in his red two-seater.[/B]

OUCH Jas - very ouch. I'm 17 and consider myself an adult! You came near me with that red-car crap and I'll pass you more than the salt!

And FYI it's a 1967 Triumph Spitfire in British Racing Green - and the wife and kids aren't allowed near it!! :D

JasBourne
02-16-2002, 04:23 PM
"OUCH Jas - very ouch"

ahahahaha. Don't take it personally. You know how old f@rts are - they think anyone under 70 is just a whippersnapper. ;)

'67 Spitfire - isn't that the one that has the nasty electrical problems all the time? ;)

logic
02-16-2002, 05:56 PM
I just turned 35 and more fit than a lot of people
(Really fit -Pit Bull body)
Wing chun chicks turn me on.(Really, any martial arts chick turns me on)

You go girl.

PHILBERT
02-16-2002, 06:20 PM
I think TinMan is Ralek.

African Tiger
02-16-2002, 07:50 PM
He argues his lame ass point for two or three posts, then disappears.

If this Tin-brain isn't Ralek, then Ralek's Troll-fu style has a disciple...

prana
02-17-2002, 01:04 AM
heheh well thanks for making my day Ralek, you are the multiple personality sifu ! :D

DelicateSound
02-17-2002, 08:40 AM
[B'67 Spitfire - isn't that the one that has the nasty electrical problems all the time? ;) [/B]

Yeah. :( Along with the MGB-GT it's the car you always see parked up in some country lane, waiting for the RAC. :D I'm not a big car guy anyway - given that I chose to buy a new guitar rather than pay for driving lessons!! [see - this just makes me look stupid!]

I never saw you as an old **** anyway Jas. Don't come near me wielding that zimmer frame....... :D

[duck and cover.....]

DelicateSound
02-17-2002, 08:41 AM
BTW - That word is f a r t. Before you think it's something else and flip out Ninja style and kill me......:D

guohuen
02-17-2002, 09:37 AM
Ouch Jas! That was close to home! I'm driving a mini van because the wife won't let me buy a sports car.

DelicateSound
02-17-2002, 01:34 PM
Ha! That's ***** power for you! What kind of a man are you?!!

My mates are all car crazy. I never really understood their craziness until I walked into my local music shop and saw a Gibson Les Paul Custom in Ebony Black with a Floyd Rose and prototype ESP pickups played through a Vox Wah into a Marshall stack.

Different strokes and all that....... :(

prana
02-17-2002, 03:02 PM
I drive a Bora (Jetta) 4motion.
I love it.....

guohuen
02-17-2002, 07:47 PM
I am whipped man! Hear me wimper!

red_fists
02-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by guohuen
Ouch Jas! That was close to home! I'm driving a mini van because the wife won't let me buy a sports car.

If you ever want to get rid of that lil' car, let me know I am married to a Mini maniac.

Me love them as well, next best thing to a Motorbike.

TenTigers
02-18-2002, 12:20 AM
two things, one Rod Sacharnowski started with sanchin, then started wacking his testicles with a ping-pong racket and built up from there. (No ****) It's not Ki, ch'i, it's auto suggestion, simply willing out the pain. These guys still are geting hurt.They are not developing wei ch'i. In fact, Frank Defelice, one of his top guys who demonstrated for Inside Kung-Fu, is dead, from complications including internal hemmorage.
Number next, I'm gonna be 45 this July, and I still havent gotten out of my first childhood, let alone my second. I did buy a Harley about 10 yrs ago,but now have the wife an kids, and She just bought a sportster for herself! So much for the ol sedan. Maybe I'll rig up a sidecar.

red_fists
02-18-2002, 12:24 AM
TenTigers.

Harley Trike, rather than the sidecar.

Myself saving for the Ultimate Goldwing Conversion and do a nice Goldwing Trike.

Advantage no Helmet needed in Japan as 3-Wheelers are classed as cars.

:D

Rolling Elbow
02-18-2002, 11:08 AM
Apparently Rod's top guys are tough as nails..who cares if most of what he teaches is grounded in fraud..He still teaches enough legitimate Okinawan karate to get by and hold his own.

Furthermore, Rod took a **** baseball bat to the side of the jaw...it fractured sure, but he was still standing. Quite impressive if you ask me no???

Conclusion: "Why the hell do you want to do that?" - to quote my mom when I told her my instructor was going to teach us some of it......she's right. My instructor didn't really bother with it long....nice to have in his opinion, but does not make up for an individual who has no skill. (the idiot limping away hehe )Bottom line, why learn to take ridiculous static hits like this when you can just learn to fight?

salut!

old jong
03-19-2004, 06:58 AM
"he ain't a kid. He's 22"

He's a kid.

'till they hit their mid-30's, guys are big kids who just think they are grown men. After age 35, they got some smarts under their belt, so they cruise along for about 10 years, slam into a mid-life crisis, and decide they are 22 again. This is why sales of flashy red sportscars are so large - you get 'em coming and going. The only time a guy will willingly purchase a sensible car is between 35 - 45, when he realizes he can't fit the wife AND the kids in his red two-seater.

;) :D :p

I miss her!...Where is she?...;)

Ben Gash
03-19-2004, 07:15 AM
Delicatesound: How as a 17 year old do you afford the insurance on 67 spitfire?:confused:
"Floyd Rose" Schaller or Ibanez? How good is the fitting? (it's a very brave man who cuts big holes into a 2 grand guitar). Do you find it has an advers affect on the tone and sustain?Do you actually use it much? (shredding on a les paul custom is only possible if you have giant Zakk Wylde sized hands, and even then you can't get above the 19th fret)
"prototype ESP pickups" Do you mean EMG? I can't see how ESP pickups could possibly be better than the stock gibson pickups.

Face2Fist
03-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Tinman
COMBAT-KI Teaches you how to deal with REAL life situations.

Through proper meditation these Martial Artist can withstand almost anything.

Roy Sacharnoski's black belt students have indeed earned their status.

how does it train you for real situations? you cant meditate when someone is pounding your face in, this combat ki is not useful in the street and it gives people who train in it a false sense of security.

SevenStar
03-19-2004, 10:51 AM
this thread is from 2002...you likely won't get a response.

As for rod (not roy) sacharnoski, he's been in the MA world for YEARS. I've heard good stuff about his JJ, but I dunno what he was thinking when he developed juko kai...

PHILBERT
03-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Wow, was I really that dumb 2 years ago? Oh, I haven't changed.

And SevenStar, he was thinking $$$

IronFist
03-19-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by TenTigers
two things, one Rod Sacharnowski started with sanchin, then started wacking his testicles with a ping-pong racket and built up from there. (No ****) It's not Ki, ch'i, it's auto suggestion, simply willing out the pain.

I heard that too, about the ping-pong paddle thing. I also heard he can't get it up anymore as a result, but I don't know how anyone would know that.

Ben Gash
03-20-2004, 01:53 AM
Old Jong, why on earth did you resurrect this ancient thread? :confused:

SPJ
03-20-2004, 07:49 AM
If you are interested in being able to receive and "take" blows without being hurt, you practice Pai Da Gong.

Wu Dang Tong Zi Gong:

You first massage your abdomen, chest and the rest of the body from lightly to moderately. You have to relax and inhale and exhale slowly and evenly (Qi gong).

You use your hand, back of hand, or fist to lightly tap your arms and the rest of the body. You increase your force to moderately.

These take time to practice. Never self hitting too hard. You feels pressure. It is ok. If you feel pain, you have to stop.

Purpose of Pai Da Gong:

It makes your Qi flow smoothly around the acupuncture meridian. Message may help your health.

Self hitting lightly helps your body to sense Jin or force in all directions. Over time, OVER TIME! Your pain threshold is increased.

If you only practice hitting yourself hard, you are numbed. Your sensitivty to touch or light force is attenuated. You do not want that.

"Cotton Tummies" Somebody punches your abdomen, you inhale and retract the abdomen in a relaxed way. The punch will not reach you. It misses by 1/8 of an inch. If it is too close, you have to move your feet back. You then exhale and use your adominal muscle to hit the fist. Even the opponent's punch reaches your abdomen, you are relaxed and retracted back. He feels nothing upon contact. Thus the name is Cotton Tummies. This is the secrect of Pa Dai and combat ki. The neck, chest, groin are practiced the same way.

All your vital areas, groin, neck, knees are protected all the time by your Wushu defense moves. You use your stronger body parts, forearms, hands etc to protect your soft spots. Granted, the opponent will jab and punch your nose, temple, neck, chest, abdomen, groin all the time. That is why when you practice Wushu. Do not think of punching and kicking all the time. Find some defensive moves and practice them more than anything else. combat ki or Pai Da takes time. no overnite magic.

Please refer to the method book. There is a whole chapter on Pai Da Gong.

Temple: raise your elbow and forearm forming a triangle to protect and move to the side a little, the opponent's blow is lessened.

Chest/abdomen: Tang Sao (Palms up), Fu Sao (Taming the tiger), Zha Zhong, Bon Sao, etc (Wing Chun block)

Groins: both palms down and move back or up a little or retract your groin a little.

Knees and elbows: move away up or back, if no time, bend them.

These are golden rules. Do not try to receive full blows without any "protection". You will be unconscious, cripple, and dead.

SevenStar
03-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by SPJ

Self hitting lightly helps your body to sense Jin or force in all directions. Over time, OVER TIME! Your pain threshold is increased.

That can be done with or without self hitting...

If you only practice hitting yourself hard, you are numbed. Your sensitivty to touch or light force is attenuated. You do not want that.

Do you have any solid proof of that?

IronFist
03-20-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by SPJ
"Cotton Tummies" Somebody punches your abdomen, you inhale and retract the abdomen in a relaxed way. The punch will not reach you. It misses by 1/8 of an inch. If it is too close, you have to move your feet back. You then exhale and use your adominal muscle to hit the fist.

But what if the person you're fighting doesn't leave their hand extended after they punch?

SPJ
03-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Master 7 star:

Agreed. There are many ways to learn how to sense the magnitude and the direction of Jin, such as Push Hands.

If you practice Iron Palms, you have to penetrate your hands into a pot of sands, or green beans so many time. You grow callus, you lose some sensitivty. If you practice Nan Quan, you may practice Iron Bridge (forearm), you hit your forearm against Zhuang so many times.

If you practice Tai Ji or Mantis and many other Wushu. You want sensitivy around your wrist and forearm. So that you may Diau (hook) the opponent's forearm.

Iron Fist:

Good ideas. The modern Wushu and Jeet Kune Do retract their fists as fast as they punch. That would mean you stop and absorb all of your force, if you miss.

cerebus
03-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Holy Sh!te! Whacking oneself in the nads with a ping pong paddle 'til you can take a kick there?:eek:
*In Foghorn Leghorn voice* "I say! There's sumpin' WRONG with that boy!"
I saw photos of Felice taking a kick to the crotch before. From the expression on his face I'd say he was feeling SOMETHING. When did he die anyway? Was this recent?