PDA

View Full Version : my technique sucks worse than your technique...

GreyMystik
02-16-2002, 01:06 AM
i'm just curious, and i don't want to start any flame wars here, but does anyone have a technique in their system that they think really stinks, or just really dislike because they don't consider it a very valuable part of their system? what is it and what don't you like?

jon
02-16-2002, 01:26 AM
Dude...
If you dont like the application your shown make up your own!
Might sound crazy but it works well for many traditional systems, they are usualy principle based and very addaptable. You can often find different instructors teach different applications for different movements anyway.
I study Bagua and the whole system is like that, there is a million applications for any technique becouse there all just a method of movement.
Dont see things as so black and white, you can block a punch by punching your attacker. You can use a block to attack a defender.

I think that no application is 'true' the only part thats true is the way force is generated in the given movement. The way you use it is what makes you a fighter and not simply someone who thinks a+2=4.
There is no exact right method for application only an right method of applying the principals and power generation of your art.
You do of course learn this though doing two man work and limited sparring but the concept remains the same in my experience.
This is mainly just my view its not tied to anything special and i would be a fool to say its 'correct' or right but i still think its a valid opinion and one shared by both of my teachers.

Budokan
02-16-2002, 03:01 PM
I honestly can't think of one. It's all good for me.

respectmankind
02-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Just learn what you can, and take what best suits you, no one can put all the techniques to good use.

sanchezero
02-16-2002, 04:36 PM
I would have to say the punch. Of the 3-4 techniques I know, this is the MOST useless.

What were those guys thinking?

Hands are for jerkin ;)

respectmankind
02-16-2002, 04:38 PM
Jerking is fun