PDA

View Full Version : Internal Chicago?

Shaolindynasty
02-17-2002, 12:01 PM
Can you guys please give me the names and contact info(especially websites) to some good internal kungfu schools in chicago? I am looking for a new school to advance my studies I am not to particular about style right now, just weighing my options. Any help would be great. Thanks

Chris McKinley
02-17-2002, 12:07 PM
I answered this thread in the main kung fu forum.

Drone
02-17-2002, 12:24 PM
Could I recommend Choi Sifu.

http://www.liuhopafa.com/

It's a little out of the way if you are taking the "L" or the Metra in but... It may be worth it to you.
-Drone
:)

TaoBoxer
02-18-2002, 09:52 PM
Anyone but Gary Clyman

The One
02-21-2002, 12:29 AM
Why not clyman? I don't know the guy, but have seen his website. From what I viewed he looks like a fraud. And what the hell is "Temple style Taiji" I've never heard of that before. He also has a ranking system for his taiji? What nonsense!

The One

TaoBoxer
02-21-2002, 01:51 PM
I spoke to him once.... Told him I had an Aiki-Ju-Jitsu background... He told me...and this is an exact quote...

"Yeah...that sh*t is ok...But the Jap's couldn't get it right....they had to export their own martial art to Brazil to make it effective...."

I asked him why he used a racial slur and he said "Thats what everyone over there calls em....... They're just Japs and *****s and Gooks.....thats what they call eachother....."

I asked him how much expertise he had in Ju Jitsu and he told me he had watched a few Gracie video's.......

I took him to task on this and started getting phonecalls and email from his students challanging me....... None of them were willing to come to Texas and it wasn't important enough to me to get off the couch much less drive to Chicago.

So that's the story....

Bill