View RSS Feed

YouKnowWho

1. ID this mantis style?

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    First move is usually called "one step three punches." He does it for about two minutes before moving to the next move with the kick and chop.
    When you train "1 step 3 punches", will you

- train in combat speed? Instead of use 1 second to throw each punch (as shown in the OP's clip), will you throw all 3 punches in 1 second?
    - punch from the "guard" (as shown in the following picture) instead of punch from the waist (as shown in the OP's
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. ID this mantis style?

Quote Originally Posted by Tainan Mantis View Post
    First move is usually called "one step three punches." He does it for about two minutes before moving to the next move with the kick and chop.
    When you train "1 step 3 punches", will you

- train in combat speed? Instead of use 1 second to throw each punch (as shown in the OP's clip), will you throw all 3 punches in 1 second?
    - punch from the "guard" (as shown in the following picture) instead of punch from the waist (as shown in the OP's
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Blocks that work and blocks that don't

When you

- were young, you may like to use hard block to hurt your opponent's kicking leg or punching arm.
    - get older, you may like to use soft deflect to redirect your opponent's punch away from yourself.
    - get much older, you may like to squeeze yourself through your opponent's punching gap and get your opponent at the same time.

You should let your opponent to worry about "blocking". The moment that your opponent punches at you, you should
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Shoulders up vs down

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    This.

What is gained by grabbing the hands together?

Seems like it adds unnecessary delay.
    I have tested it in

1. 1 big fist locked by fingers,
    2. 1 palm cover 1 fist,
    3. 2 connected fists,
    4. 2 connected palms,
    5. 2 separate fists,
    6. 2 separate palms,

I still like the method 1 better. It gives me a very "strong" guard that even my opponent tries to use both arms to destroy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Unconventional Strength Training

I'll let my right hand to grab on my left wrist. My left arm tries to break the grip while my right hand tries to hold on tight. Sometime my right hand wins. Other time my left hand wins.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast