View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. About "Open and Close" in Sun Taiji...

This is to help those interested in Sun Taiji...specifically about "Open and Close"

I write this because very often I see Sun Style "Kai-He" / Open and Close being performed (in my mind) incorrectly. Hope this helps.

Most people make the shape and do the rough form of "Open and Close". However, I'm writing this to point out the details of how the front and back side of the lungs are put into play. Your elbows should not pull backwards ...

Updated 03-19-2023 at 06:14 PM by Subitai

Categories
    Uncategorized
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  
  2. A (?) of TCMA techniques in the modern era

by Subitai on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:49 am

C.J.W. wrote:
    Take empty-hand fighting for example, TCMA places great emphasis on bridging, or creating arm-contact, as a starting point for most fighting applications. And once contact is made, a TCMA fighter will usually use some sort of style-specific hand-method (shou-fa手法) to execute a technique, or seek to create additional contact points before doing so.

While this game plan may sound great in theory
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Rip sifu lam

I thought I had more time...

There's been so many wonderful eulogies written by friends and family about the passing of my Sifu Lam Kwong Wing. Like so many others, he had a great influence on my life. This is about the man I knew...

His passing was too soon and he was too young. Sifu Lam was truly a scholarly martial artist. He didn't just sit on his skill, he always strived to learn more and improve. He told me to never stop learning, to keep improving and always ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Tai Chi Maxims

In reference to video:
    Sun Tai Chi Application Repulse Monkey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBveJKGa1gw

Originally Posted by Rebel Wado
    Subitai,

I am liking the attention to details you include in your videos.

From what I've seen, you appear to use a lot of the "partner set" type of training that goes sort of like: Partner A attacks, partner B counters, partner A counters the counter, partner B counters the counter to

Updated 03-19-2023 at 06:57 PM by Subitai

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. On Keeping the Shoulders Relaxed

On Keeping the Shoulders Relaxed
    October 2, 2012
    Everyone in CMA says "relax the shoulder and sink the elbow"...but some don't know what to feel or how to achieve it.

Stand about arm length away from a wall and push with say one of your palms; Right palm flat against the wall for example with your fingers aligned upwards (Index finger at least shoulder height)

To train this feeling... sink your arm down and extend it slightly out of the shoulder ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast