View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Tai Chi Maxims

In reference to video:
    Sun Tai Chi Application Repulse Monkey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBveJKGa1gw

Originally Posted by Rebel Wado
    Subitai,

I am liking the attention to details you include in your videos.

From what I've seen, you appear to use a lot of the "partner set" type of training that goes sort of like: Partner A attacks, partner B counters, partner A counters the counter, partner B counters the counter to

Updated 03-19-2023 at 06:57 PM by Subitai

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Thanks from Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mpstaples View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Mr. Staples,

Thanks for the heads-up on the new book.

I still have your books on White Crane, Hop Gar, and a third one, Tibetan Kung Fu: The Way of the Monk. Bought them back in the early '80s. Good books. Glad to know all is going well with you.
    -----------------
    Thanks back, Jimbo. Back then there weren't many books about kung-fu. Most of what was out there was shaolin, in one form or another. Robert Smith had a book out on Hsing Yi and one
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Lo Meng help ground breaking for Shaw Museum in Tijuana,Mexico

We had the honor of Shaw Brother living legend Lo Meng join us to celebrate the groundbreaking of are new Museum , dedicated to Hong Kong actors like the late Lau Kar Leung and Alexander Fu Sheng and others. He also gave us special blessings

Attachment 9943
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. On Keeping the Shoulders Relaxed

On Keeping the Shoulders Relaxed
    October 2, 2012
    Everyone in CMA says "relax the shoulder and sink the elbow"...but some don't know what to feel or how to achieve it.

Stand about arm length away from a wall and push with say one of your palms; Right palm flat against the wall for example with your fingers aligned upwards (Index finger at least shoulder height)

To train this feeling... sink your arm down and extend it slightly out of the shoulder ...
  5. Taiji splitting elbow talk

Taiji splitting elbow talk

Youtube video reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvb_p1qfbPA

September 16, 2014
    Thanks for the comments Audi

I think we're all the same...most of us in the Martial Arts world i.e., "we love to keep learning". If you have any references on your patterns, maybe videos or articles I'd love to check them out. Much appreciated.

About what you said: "one thing I might do differently ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast