View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. The existance of Squirrel Kung-Fu?

Quote Originally Posted by No_Know View Post
    Night of the Gauntlet Form

.....Lowest Horse riding stance you can and still move with it and out of it--moove your leg slightly but off of the ground o stepdown left or right of former standing.

.....One fist high, one passed ribs and foot to cross shin...fists can become palms and you might not know until you use it which it will~ be. the fists don't seem as though they could rech but even having an ineffective fist perceived comming to your face or might hit you
    Tags: emj, form, squirrel Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Shaolin monks train under the scorching sun with a bowl on their heads.

Summer training. Did you see this pic before?
    Name:  Shaolin monks train under the scorching sun with a bowl on their heads-002-yanchenwuguan-com.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  65.5 KBName:  Shaolin monks train under the scorching sun with a bowl on their heads-003-yanchenwuguan-com.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  74.0 KBName:  Shaolin monks train under the scorching sun with a bowl on their heads-005-yanchenwuguan-com.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  97.3 KBName:  Shaolin monks train under the scorching sun with a bowl on their heads-007-yanchenwuguan-com.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  81.7 KB
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Sifu Frank's words of wisdom:

If you want to learn to fight train MMA. That's where all roads lead anyways. You can bring traditional stuff into it but MMA training methodology for combat is the best.

Or if you don't like MMA culture call it Sanda + ground-fighting. Whatever.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Taijiquan, which is better, or is it all personal preference…. part 2

Then we come to Sun style, of Sun Lutang (1860 – 1933). Sun Lutang was a rather accomplished martial artist before he ever trained taijiquan. He was considered a master of Xingyiquan and Baguazhang before he ever trained taijiquan with Hao Weizhen (1842 – 1920) (Hao Weizhen - Wikipedia) Did Sun Lutang’s background and expertise in Xingyiquan and Baguazhang give him a better understanding about all thing internal and make his Taijiquan a better type of Taijiquan?

I’ve done some Sun ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Taijiquan, which is better, or is it all personal preference….part 1

I’ve been thinking, which Taijiquan style is “real” or “best”? Is there a best, or are they just different? Is there a style that has a better grasp on what Taijiquan is really supposed to be?

First, I want to say, this is all my opinion based on my training, and things I have read over the last, darn near. 30 years training Taijiquan. Also, I am only talking about the following systems (family styles) here; Chen, Zhaobao, Yang, Wu/Hao, Wu, and Sun. I have trained the following, in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast