View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Taijiquan, which is better, or is it all personal preference…. part 2

Then we come to Sun style, of Sun Lutang (1860 – 1933). Sun Lutang was a rather accomplished martial artist before he ever trained taijiquan. He was considered a master of Xingyiquan and Baguazhang before he ever trained taijiquan with Hao Weizhen (1842 – 1920) (Hao Weizhen - Wikipedia) Did Sun Lutang’s background and expertise in Xingyiquan and Baguazhang give him a better understanding about all thing internal and make his Taijiquan a better type of Taijiquan?

I’ve done some Sun ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Taijiquan, which is better, or is it all personal preference….part 1

I’ve been thinking, which Taijiquan style is “real” or “best”? Is there a best, or are they just different? Is there a style that has a better grasp on what Taijiquan is really supposed to be?

First, I want to say, this is all my opinion based on my training, and things I have read over the last, darn near. 30 years training Taijiquan. Also, I am only talking about the following systems (family styles) here; Chen, Zhaobao, Yang, Wu/Hao, Wu, and Sun. I have trained the following, in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Zhang Sanfeng was REAL!!! well no…maybe...I don't know

Personal (and a bit strange) discovery about training taijiquan and Zhang Sanfeng. I am finding it much more enjoyable and easier to train taijiquan if I just go with the thought that it was actually created by a mystical (likely mythical) Daoist by the name of Zhang Sanfeng.

Much of this can also be found here

Zhang Sanfeng was not mentioned throughout Chinese history until the 1650s in the Epitaph of Wang Zhengnan; written by Huang Zongxi (1610-1695) and he is mentioned ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. First Blog Post

A little about me.
    First..."There are some who call me...Tim"...not because I am some great wizard but because that is my name.

the first couple of these is from an old blog I had.

Just wanted to post them as a bit of a practice run.....
    Categories
    Uncategorized