View RSS Feed

YouKnowWho

1. Who are kung fu masters who don't hold back in teaching?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I have no idea how any student would have any idea that any teacher is holding anything back.

We know nothing of the style when we come into it.
    When your teacher teach you one technique, you can also ask him how to counter it. If your teacher is not willing to teach you that counter, he is holding back.

My teacher taught me how to drag my opponent's arm and run in circle. He told me not to teach the counter just to anybody. He tried to hold back that ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Application used in sparring

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    people talking trash ...
    When you open the window, both butterfly and mosquito will fly in.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Why vertical fist?

Quote Originally Posted by guy b. View Post
    arm break sounds like a fantasy move.
    Many years ago in one Chicago workshop, a boxer walked to an old man and said, "I training boxing. If I use boxing on you, what will you do?" The old man said, "come and show me." The old man started to use continuous left and right front heel kicks to force the boxer to step back against the wall.

- When the boxer through a right punch toward the old man's face,
    - the old man used his left hand to push on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Iron Hand Against Grapplers

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    Interesting John, have been thinking of this one in my head as well, slapping a guy in the back of the head or neck with IP strike. I learned something like this back in my ninjutsu days, but recently realized the Iron hand training makes your slaps very heavy when i slapped a mosquito on the back of my neck.
    Instead of using both of your hands to push down on your opponent's back neck, if you just use one hand to push and another hand to do "willow palm" strike, even if
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Long and short range Tan Sao

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Here is an example that your Tan Shou (bridge) has been changed into a punch. This kind of "switch hand" is quite unique in CMA.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast