View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Blocks that work and blocks that don't

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    When you

- were young, you may like to use hard block to hurt your opponent's kicking leg or punching arm.
    - get older, you may like to use soft deflect to redirect your opponent's punch away from yourself.
    - get much older, you may like to squeeze yourself through your opponent's punching gap and get your opponent at the same time.

You should let your opponent to worry about "blocking". The moment that your opponent punches at you, you should
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Chin na: Generally useful?

Quote Originally Posted by Subitai View Post
    Thing about this is most people think of Chin Na as joint locks and for all intents and purposes: some variety of standing chin na at that....NOT ALL YOU GUYS OF COURSE. I'm speaking of the proverbial "THEY".

But it's not really that of course...I was taught that it's anytime you're seizing and holding someone = usually in a vulnerable or compromised position. Can it be literal joint locks? Yes but not always. For example, you hold a guys arm behind his back to control
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Marital Arts | Kung Fu Weapons - Gun (Staff)

Gun (staff)is a long weapon without edge. it is generally known as "the father of no-edge weapons". Staff is classified by its thickness and length. There are long staff, three-section staff, big two-section staff, small two-section staff, and Qimei staff, etc. Major staff techniques include splitting, sweeping, jabbing, picking, wrapping, turning, pounding, pointing, snapping, and so on.

These techniques are combined with certain footwork and body technique for form various ...
  4. History of Chinese Martial Arts (Kung Fu)

www.shaolin-kungfu.com
    Learn Kung Fu and traditional martial arts in China- Maling shaolin Kung Fu Academy China

Chinese martial arts has a long and rich history. Originally as individual combat skill, martial arts was developed by Chinese ancestors in their struggle against natural and social environments to survive. Kung Fu is a colloquial term used around the world for it. Since the day it was born, Chinese martial arts has been closely connected with traditional Chinese ...

Updated 01-31-2015 at 02:16 AM by Shaolin Kung Fu

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Shoulders up vs down

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    This.

What is gained by grabbing the hands together?

Seems like it adds unnecessary delay.
    I have tested it in

1. 1 big fist locked by fingers,
    2. 1 palm cover 1 fist,
    3. 2 connected fists,
    4. 2 connected palms,
    5. 2 separate fists,
    6. 2 separate palms,

I still like the method 1 better. It gives me a very "strong" guard that even my opponent tries to use both arms to destroy
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast