Conversation Between xinyidizi and guy b.

5 Visitor Messages

1. means "seeing the light". This method has nothing to do with visualization as you can actually see the qi and some acupuncture points.
  2. what is 看光法? I don't read chinese
  3. In that case as I have said many times before qi can be seen by learning 看光法. There are lots of new age books about seeing auras that also cover some similar exercises. At first you'll see a tiny faint light but by practice especially after opening up the zhoutian you will be able to see it more clearly and also you will be able to see different layers of aura. At that point you will notice that the magnetic feeling that you might sense between your hands and other parts actually happens when the border of those layers touch each other.
  4. I don't have a preconception that everything everyone experiences and talks about is junk. I think the vast majority of people are really experiencing what they say they are because I believe qi is a real physical phenomenon that is easily accessable. I have learned a physical theory of qi that so far explains all of the things people feel. I am interested to see if that holds true for a wider sample of people, especially those outside of the method I practice. I have argued with people who claim authority but whose understanding appears to be hollow- i.e. they repeat the traditional Chinese metaphorical or allegorical direction pointers but appear not to have a concrete understanding of what they are talking about. This is my only issue and I am not out to denigrate or discredit anyone with a sincere theory of qi, even if I disagree with it.
  5. If you want to learn about how other people experience qi in a way that is not explainable by current science then you need to keep an open mind. I assume that a lot of the concepts in new agism come from traditional spiritual systems (though the way they talk about them seems flashy) and if you have a preconception that everything they experience and talk about is junk then I don't know why you would want to know about them.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5