Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Defending against a Hockey Fighter

I think if you get off the ice, you're OK. I imagine they can't run fast with ice skates on.

I was "jerseyed" once when goofing around fighting with a friend. Man that sucked . I felt like an idiot sitting in a bag getting punched.

One thing to try could be to slip out, like Ryu said. That is if your sweater, jacket, shirt, etc. is loose enough, and that is all the person is grabbing. When you're free you can then flex your now exposed muscles and try to get some phone numbers from chicks. Unless those chicks saw you getting jerseyed. Probably not much hope then.
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

Simple: Use your chi to project him ... and his friends ... across the room.

You must have not picked up the latest issue. Its a must read.

I told you guys, I was loaded. That Canadian beer packs a bigger punch than the stuff we have hear. It's ok though I got him back when I puked on his shoes.

Stacey Guest
    My best friend plays hockey and she gets into fights every now and again.

Its silly that kung fu doesn't have these street effective techniques.

Hockey players will also grab your upper sleeve and then grab your body so that your arms are immobilized.

I shuai chiaoed my hockey friend, she was good, but I had more on her and if we were striking I would have won.

heres the trick.

They lean square, but forward., uppercuts and knees will ruin them.

Goalies have wicked good reflexes too. They know how to trip people with sticks better than the dog brothers.

Smile Very funny...

Stacey,
    jesus.com is a funny website. Thanks for the laughs!

Godzilla

PS. Perhaps i will email him on the existance of chi.

i got a better idea
    practice drunken style kung fu

EVO!

hahahahhaha evo that was great, why the HE double hockey sticks (since we ARE talking about hockey...sory bad pun bad pun)
    did they put that in the magazine? i trusted the folks at TC more than that...that was the worst article i have EVER seen published.

Originally posted by Stacey

Goalies have wicked good reflexes too. They know how to trip people with sticks better than the dog brothers.
    Darn right. That's how I get most of my penalties

Tackle them...isn't that how most hockey fights end when they both hit the ground??? Frank Shamrock got into an altercation at OFFICE DEPOT and use the HOCKEY GRAB AND HIT TECH. WING CHUN guys do this all the time!
    A

ttt 4 2021

A search on 'Hockey' delivers 500 threads (that's the max so there are probably more). Go figure.
    NBC Sports BayArea
    Bret Hedican found purpose through Kung Fu after lengthy NHL career

Alex Didion
    Thu, January 28, 2021, 11:16 AM·1 min read

Bret Hedican

Hedican found purpose through Kung Fu after long NHL career originally appeared on NBC Sports Bayarea

Bret Hedican played over 1,000 games in his 17-year NHL career, including being part of a Stanley Cup-winning team with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2005-06.

But once his time in professional hockey wound down, Hedican knew he needed something to motivate himself to get up every morning. That's when he found Kung Fu.

"That's what you miss about pro sports," Hedican said. "Those moments of being in complete control of both mind and body at the same time and performing at a high level."

Hedican believes the connection between mind and body aligns perfectly with the art of Kung Fu.

"I was so lucky to find East West Kung Fu here in my hometown, and then to be as great as it is, I've been really excited about the progress I've made," Hedican said.

Learn more about Hedican and his journey with Kung Fu in HEADSTRONG 2.0, as NBC Sports Bay Area spotlights mental health throughout the month of January
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart