Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What are you currently working on?

Cool

I am currently working in the Piquan mutations and its changes.
    Also working on different walking and steping patterns for Xing yiquan. Guess I will need some 2 months for the Pi and the stepping. Qigong, as usual, goes everyday, for ever I guess.
    Hey Felipe, how are you? This Bengquan sounds like the regular Beng, just using the back hand insted of the front one. You mentioned something about waits power.... (I think), but I think waist power ( as well as other things) is necessary in any Bengquan. What do you have to say about it?
    See you.
    T.
    Last edited by Tadzio; 02-26-2002 at 07:37 AM.

Hey Tadzio! What's new?

Waist power is used in any variation of beng quan, for sure, but in this beng quan, the fist goes out to a 45 degree angle (not to the front, as in the regular beng quan), thus forcing your waist to turn a little more, and your shoulder blade shoots out very much like Pao quan. The steps are "flowing steps"; the forms looks much more like the "Hiding Dragon Coming Out" from Za Shi Chui.

Even the beginning of the form follows a circular pattern before the beng quan shoots out.

Please, shoot me a message on ICQ, to remind me to send you some pics and drawings of it. I am working on it.

Water Dragon, don't be jealous I could send you some graphics of the steps of the form, if you like. (Which of reminds me the Hsing Yi drills I promised to SevenStar! ). Shoot me a PM
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

I'm currently working on a new version of Xing Yi's Pao Quan. (pounding fist) I'm learning from a different Xing Yi sifu.

Start from santi.(north facing)
    Rather than stepping forward with the leading foot,(first half step). In this method I step at a 45ish degree angle to the SE with the back foot, and turn the body anti-clockwise while moving the hands similar to the Hu Xing (tiger form) deflecting a mid height kick to point NW, then draw the hands as fists to abdomen as left foot draws back, then large step to NW with leading leg, and follow step (smaller) with rear leg performing Pao Quan.

Felipe, Do you know much about this varient of Pao Quan? because I haven't asked this sifu too many question yet.

regards
    Colin..........
    "The cat never weeps for the mouse"

http://www.laugar.org.uk

Colin, do you perform this movement everytime you strike with Pao Quan, or only at the beginning?

I ask because we perform almost the same movement at the beginning of our Pao Quan:

From San Ti: (Facing north)

The back foot steps close to the front foot, as you strike with a straight right fist to the front, then the leading (left) palm comes close to the right wrist...after that, we do exactly what you described, but instead of going straight to Pao Quan, we first strike with Tiger palms, and then we perform the classic version of Pao Quan.

We got 5 variations of Pao Quan in our system.
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Hi Felipe,
    Yes we do the tiger hands movement every time Pao Quan is performed.

It is quite different from the form my original Sifu taught, which appeared to be more orthodox.
    This new method (only to me) also punches higher, but I like it as it differentiates it significantly from the height of a Beng Quan.

My new sifu's stepping is also much shorter than i'm used to, perhaps because he has spent 33years practicing BaGua as well.

This is what I love about XingYiQuan.
    The fact that there are so many variations, but none are incorrect, and no one disrespects anothers method.

regards
    Colin..............
    "The cat never weeps for the mouse"

http://www.laugar.org.uk

Smile ..

what am i working on? xiao zhou tian.

well, i shouldn't say i'm working on it. it's breaking through, though. it will naturally come, so i try not to notice it much, but it's obviously going to break through very soon. i just keep collecting in the dantian. it nourishes the body and puts more pressure in the final blockage.

it's times like these that i love qigong and it's effects.

when i was first curious about why there was still blockage around my forehead, i remembered an old saying. something to the effect that if the qi flows inward, your tian mu opens. if the qi flows downward, you will have accomplished xiao zhou tian. when that little blockage disappeared and went to my nose, i knew the answer.

they also say that after xiao zhou tian that you are beyond all sickness and disease.

it may take a few days, but it will naturally come, and that's the best way for it to happen.
    Last edited by PlasticSquirrel; 03-06-2002 at 09:23 PM.