Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Daniel Pearl Dead

Re: Another tragedy

Originally posted by raving_limerick
    I just can't understand what leads people to think like this, be they members of the Bader-Meinhoff gang, IRA, Kurdish Liberation Army, Jihaad, etc.. How is killing an innocent person going to turn the world to your cause?
    I think a lot of it has to do with drawing media attention to get the world to focus on their sorry ass cause. They understand that their actions will bring tons of media coverage. This is by no means placing blame on the media.

Hey Ralek, how would you use BJJ in a situation where you had 4 or 5 very mean fundementalists with submachine guns?
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Did anyone else hear that he had his throat cut? I could have sworn I heard that on Fox News early this morning.

Does anyone see any major difference between these Islamic Terrorists and people like the Arian (sp?) Nation?

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

KC, this is about Pearl and what he was going after. The people that had him killed were under investigation here in the US, one of their compounds is here in VA and a big one is in CA. When 9/11 happened resources were moved from them to bin Laden and al Qeda. Turns out that Pearl had found a thread connecting the two groups and was investigating the connection himself. My opinion is that they kidnapped and murdered Pearl as a warning to other journalists to back off, the reason for the video.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

JWT,
    The only difference I see between the two is that the aryan nation is in a society that does not, for the most part, openly support their cause or turn a blind eye on major operations.

Otherwise its the same "fundamentalist" crap. If our fundamentalists had similar power, I'll bet you you'd see a lot more nasty stuff happening here.

Rogue,
    I already know that, or at least that was my assumption as well.

Their goal: To establish a Caliphate that includes East Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
    That's hysterical. and they call *us* Imperialist and Expansionary! Just let those social freaks try to put me in a bhurka, I'll chien tiu ti them right in the cookies!

Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

The news outlets haven't been explicit on what the State Department saw in the video to make them determine Pearl was dead. But it had to have been a cut throat or a hole in the head or something like that, I would think.
    K. Mark Hoover

JWT

His throat was cut.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Fox news just said "stabbed to death a minute ago."

Why does the phrase "live by the sword, DIE, motherfu(ker DIE, by the sword" come to my mind?

I need a beer. Anybody in Austin want lunch and a beer?

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

CNN said that on the video he was talking and then his throat was cut. Regardless, there is no negotiating with these people. Kill 'em all and let God sort them out. I wish I could join you for a beer up there but I already missed two days of work this week.

It's time to take those guys out...mafia style...we can't get to them...get to their families...I'm sorry...this is no time for morals...explain it to them in a language they understand...violence.
    A

Yeah, modified LA style. Introduce them to the Camel-by!!

Couldn't resist that one.

Yep, now Fox is saying his throat was cut.

Maybe they don't see a difference, maybe he was stabbed and his throat was cut.

Must wait...to be...deployed...

Still needin that beer.

JWT

ROFLMAO @ "Camel-by".

That's a classic!
    K. Mark Hoover

I heard on the news that his head where literally chopped off...
    But whatever they did, the result is his death. very sad.