Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Karate

Talking

hahahahahahahaha

i coulndt view it
    ***SONIC KICK***

That's old- but still. That guy knows kali!
    Windmilling in =single six

I feel so proud
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

LOL, , sheer class, I have seen it before, but it was just as funny the second time around. But its so true of the way the typical guy fights, I know it sounds ridiculus but it is useful to train to defend yourself against windmill (haymaker)punches since they are so common over here, systema blocks are excellent for this.

excellent stuff good old fashioned visciousness a very powerful weapon.
    headbutts are great very easy to defend against but if you land one its usually game over.hard to train though without gettign a splitting headache!!!

Thumbs up

dont need ot train it - just need around 10 pints so you cant feel anything

dawood
    Peace is not the product of terror or fear.
    Peace is not the silence of cemeteries.
    Peace is not the silent result of violent repression.
    Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all.
    Peace is dynamism. Peace is generosity.
    It is right and it is duty.

that's comedy!

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, Iīm just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Excellent!

And actually, if there was more training like that, we'd see better schools.

I'm going to post this on EF. Thanks, ST00
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Question Will karate ever prevail?

Karate used to be a very popular MA, and it's maybe the most famous MA style name in the world, as most people would say "Oooh, Karate!" if you mention you practise MA. But the style have degraded in popularity, ever since the UFC/NHB/MMA hype that have risen a few years ago.
    Does anyone think Karate as an art will ever prevail and be respected in the MA community again? Is it worth it? Is it really a good style, and what do you think Karate should do to be respected again?

opinions maybe from Budokan and Rogue would be great

Last edited by chen zhen; 06-06-2003 at 08:42 AM.

12. Thumbs up

Ah,thereīs popularity and then there is popularity...
    Mass media,UFC,trends and all this,then there must be serious involvement down there.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

I said USED to be popular, you know in the 1960-80s period.

Actually Karate is as popular as ever if not more so.

UFC and all of that is a fringe activity. Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi and Judo rule the mainstream.

Just because people who post on the web disrespect karate, it does not follow that the "martial arts community" thinks that way.

In reality, it is the UFC and MMA that does not have the respect of our society at large.

Oh. did'nt see it that way. The McDojos are anyware, in any country in the world, and it's mostly karate that is taught in these.
    I could rephrase the question: what could karate do to gain respect as a REAL, efficient combat art? I don't think personally that they could do anything, if they don't take some good things from other arts as well. It's not a very varied style (or style-s, there's hundreds of Karate styles as well)