Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Down with the 700 club

Originally posted by Ryu
    Thanks for your post but...

"It's obvious that there can be no one truth and that all of us and none of us are wrong. That is the truth!"

Don't get me started again. Can't you see that very statement is a contradiction, and makes no rational sense? Am I the only one who realizes that? Can't anyone else see it?

Ryu
    I think that was directed at me. What's contradictory about it? Can you use syllogism to prove it wrong? I understand what you're saying dude. If it wasn't meant to be then it wouldn't. Does that make more sense? Later, bruh...

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Dude, this very close friend of mine once told me that in Esparta some of the soldiers were line up as gay couples.
    And they were the best fighters becouse the gay lovers would look out for each other in battle.
    Dont know if its truth...
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

First of all, forgive this
    posting of mine
    For two weeks now I must
    rhyme all the time

But TN, I can see what you say
    has merit and worth.
    And always, some theories
    lack substantial girth
    but trained men I've seen
    both straight and so gay
    that skill (in my eyes)
    can go either way
    But regardless of view
    in what we each see
    It'll be interesting to train
    when you come to KC.

For those who are wondering
    why with rhyme you are cursed
    Just read the old thread
    "The Morning After: What Hurts Worst?"

Well the contradiction lies in saying that the "truth" is that there is "no truth" If there is no truth then that truth is false too, implying there really is a truth. It just goes in a circle. Not saying people don't need to understand that you can find parts of truth in various things, or that one man's truth is better than another man's truth. But in some circumstances that very well is the case. One man's truth can be more "true" than another.

But regardless of that, it gave me no right to snap at your post.
    I'm sorry about that, and I apologize to you. It wasn't a good day that day.
    Forgive me.

See you all later.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Your truth sux. My truth rulz. Send money and I'll forgive you.

Hey look, I just started my very own 700 Club!
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

Talking

This is too cool.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

I love you, Jas
    Don't tell Wushu...

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Ryu

You two-timing man-w hore.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

ah ha...

There is "thing", "no thing" and "no-thing-ness". Perhaps what seems contradictory is complimentary; is actuallly a validation of my original premise. Some things are more correct for a certain cultural or social architecture, but in the Multiversal scheme of things they are human machinations affecting an illusory, microscopic, local occurrence. Unless the Omegapoint Theory is correct...

It is well known in science that you can apply empiricism to any perceived truth to create the desired outcome. Even more misleading is the attempt by organized religion to produce Christian, Hebrew, Muslim and Buddhist automatons, so that Chaos can be brought to Order. If you gots proper hometraining and use common sense, all the things that religion professes to teach can be learned without "programming". What I'm getting at is, without any real "proof" for a religious claim, the concrete reality neither supports nor invalidates it. Religion is personal, and can't be marketed or packaged to fit every single person.

All that BS aside, I understand the bad day thing all too well, and I can see how my manic banter can grate on someone's nerves.

P.S.: I'm a baptised and confirmed Roman Catholic. Now you see where I'm coming from!
    Last edited by omegapoint; 03-04-2002 at 02:48 AM.

Wink

"Some things are more correct for a certain cultural or social architecture, but in the Multiversal scheme of things they are human machinations affecting an illusory, microscopic, local occurrence."

That's true, however that's not to say that all cultural values brought about by people are "equal" in how they help people progress, understand, or achieve "ethical" soundess. (Case in point is the Taliban who thinks it "ethical" to kill thousands of people and hijack planes to achieve their end.)

A better example would be this. I was helping a girl through some problems once. She was talking to me, and crying because of the things she was going through. She told me that in her "culture", crying was seen as weak and a worthless thing to do. So the more she cried the more she felt worthless, and the more worthless she felt the more she cried. It wasn't until I told her that I saw her crying as a strength (since she was unafraid to show me her emotions, honest with her deepest feelings at the moment, etc.) that she was able to finally stop crying and feel much better about herself.
    Her "culture" while having a value standard, did not help her when she was in pain. In fact it made her feel worse. So in that parcticular case, my "value" was of greater "value" to her.

But I agree with the rest of your post 100% because I sometimes think it is dangerous to assume that "ethics" is JUST a religious thing. That implies that people who are not "religious" have no ethics (which is untrue) and that people don't naturally come to learn those conclusions either. (they do)

So yes, the religion aspect of your post is right on the money I feel. No disagreements here.

and you have good posts, don't worry. No banter.

Ryu
    Last edited by Ryu; 03-04-2002 at 07:04 AM.
    "No judo! NO NO!"

This is Jeet Kune Do....