Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Down with the 700 club

Ripples

This is a story about why idiots like these guys DO make a difference even on other sides of the world. They should be shut down and thrown in jail. Free speech does not give you the right to slander another race!

I know a VERY good professional comic by the real name of Akmal Saleh. I used to work with Akmal and at first he went by the name of Peter, when i questioned him on this he explained to me that orginaly he had not been able to get bookings with an Arabic name so he had changed it to Peter.
    The topic came up again after work one night sitting around having drinks, me and a few other work friends including the manager were able to convince Akmal to go back to using his real name as by this stage he was famous and no longer had any problems getting bookings as his own reputation was enough.
    He agreed and went back to Akmal feeling much better about being able to finaly use his real name.

After the Sep 11 stuff he has had to go back to using Peter, again people are not so hot on booking a comic with an Arabic name as they figure that people will not come along to see the show.
    This disgusts me and i cant even begin to imagine how my poor friend Akmal feels about it all, as per usual he simply smiles and makes a joke of it.

This is what is wrong with the rubbish and lies that these people propagate. Whilst we all pretend to be above it there is STILL an effect on peoples judgements.
    I feel very deeply about this issue and would LOVE to be able to give such people a first hand discription of my views...
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Actually...

It was Jerry Falwell who blamed 9-11 on the gays. Up until that point I believe he was on good terms w/Pat Robertson, but not part of the 700 club. After Jerry's gay-bashing tho everyone denied ever knowing the guy. HAHAHA.

Of course, this is only my feeble understanding of Xian politics so righteously taking a stand.

However, I did read later (coupla weeks?) that Falwell,jr made a plea to their membership begging for funding (after Jerry,sr apologized) so they could continue to do 'God's Work'. It wasn't well received. HAHAHAHA.

Stupidity - the number one sexually transmitted disease.

LOL, MerryPrankster are you on something tonight??
    Oh well, you put me in a better mood anyway.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Braden Guest
    My bad. You're totally right. I guess I get my mainstream religious fanatics confused.

Stacey Guest
    I in no way connect myself to the kind of creatures that watch the 700 hundred club. My Value (yes I do have them) are not at all the same. Even though I can switch between worldviews.

My gut reaction is that they are for ill bred white trash who vote republican even though they get fuked by it and are easilly hypnotized when people say, "familly values" or "free trade" Some of them are nice, loving people that just havent evolved. These people have nothing to do with Christianity. Christianity helps people link up to God, and that never causes anything but goodness. Its when they use Christianity to link to a subculture that creates some social darwinism. They must win people over to "christianity" which is really just a code word for their stagnant, ass backwards subculture.

These folks are the last to stop saying "nigg_er", the last to mean it, the first to bring hate and seperation all to preseve their pathetic subculture, with invented roots that don't lie in Christianity or their European herritage.

For God's sake, look at their hair. Some people sport beards or dots, but for those big blonde hairdo's just have to go.

Whats with that beady eyes guy, his eyes always look shut. I've often wondered if he wasn't really a puppet. Not figuratively, I'm talking made by Jim Henson. A muppet.

Well I'm gonna read the Koran and go to sleep.

It reads smoother than the bible, and is basically the same. Women below men, God is awesome and will kick your ass...the usual. It reads like prayer.

I don't trust the biblican cannon, I pick and choose my holy books and interpret them as far as my insight will allow.

Like thats so hard

Some fat old white guy with silver hair and a fake tan yelling at you.

You ever see the guy (Robert Tilton?) who asks specific people in the TV audience to place their hands on the TV screen to be healed?

"I want Betty Bumpas in Tulsa, OK to grab hold of her TV. Thats right take HOLD of it right now! There are DEMONS inside of you EATIN on your KIDNEYS! I'm gonna break those SATANIC kidney stones into POWDER with the power of JAYSUS-UH!"

What a fu(kin nut job. All those guys need to ride thru the soopa D-Lux hot wax car wash on skateboards.

Last edited by sanchezero; 02-22-2002 at 12:31 AM.
    Stupidity - the number one sexually transmitted disease.

what is wrong with jaysus-uh? sure he isn't anything like jesus, who he was ripped off of, but comon, he has his perks. like racist white retards who think they know jack.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

Saaaav meeee JEEEE-BUSSSSS!

I love that episode.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

"To me people like that are potentially MORE dangerous than Osama bin Laden and his Buddies"

Yep,I heard ole Pat took up flying lessions not too long ago,which reminds me of a story about planes.

The German air controllers at Frankfurt Airport are a short-tempered lot.
    They not only expect one to know one's gate parking location but how to get
    there without any assistance from them. So it was with some amusement that
    we(a PanAm 747) listened to the following exchange between Frankfurt ground
    control and a British Airways 747 (call sign "Speedbird 206") after landing:
    Speedbird 206: "Top of the morning Frankfurt, Speedbird 206 clear of the
    active runway."

Ground: "Guten morgen! You vill taxi to your gate!"

The big British Airways 747 pulled onto the main taxi way and slowed to a
    stop.

Ground: "Speedbird, do you not know vare you are going?"

Speedbird 206: "Stand by a moment ground, I'm looking up our gate location
    now."

Ground (with some arrogant impatience): "Speedbird 206, haff you never flown
    to Frankfurt before?"

Speedbird 206 (cooly): "Yes, I have, in 1944. In another type of Boeing, but
    just to drop something off, I didn't stop."

Merryprankster,Amen Brother!!

Everyone should be allowed to say what they want, even if it's stupid. It's one of the things that makes our country great. They can say what they want, you can call them idiots. It's beautiful.
    If you start restricting ANYONE'S freedom to speak it sets a dangerous precedent, and your right to speak may be curtailed later.
    Just my opinion, worth about what you paid for it...
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Holy Jay-zus! Make your pledge now so you too can get into heaven!!

Anybody who thinks we don't have our own little Taliban right here in the good ol' United States of America hasn't seen five minutes of the 700 Club.

I still say that Jerry Falwell and his lap dog Pat Robertson should be shot for saying that the attack on the WTC was caused by ****sexuals, feminists, liberals, humanists,--basically anybody who wasn't Southern White Baptist.

These people are ignorant, narrow-minded, intolerant racists and they too should be scourged from the face of the earth. Trust me, we'll all be better off if they were.
    K. Mark Hoover

I don't think the fundamentalist christians are as benign as some believe believe. These people slither there way into politics and DO have some influence. Pat Robertson and the 700 club are quite funny but at the same a bit scary. Have you ever
    watched their Christian news reports?? If you think the regular news is bad, just sit through one of these segments. Talk about propaganda.
    I remember Falwell's abhorrent comments he issued THE DAY AFTER the attacks on the WTC. Something about how we had it coming....God is angry about the gays or some sh*t. Is there anything that is more contradictory to true Christian precepts than that?? If there ever was a modern day candidate for crucifixion he is it. I don't view Falwell or his peers any differently than I view leaders of Aryan skinhead groups. Really, the only difference is that Falwell is more respected and gets
    national airtime.
    Is anyone familiar with TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network)?? This is another rather disconcerting situation. It is basically a brainwashing christian network that is constantly bringing in obscene amounts of money from it's sheep and other large $$
    supporters. Do you realize they have there own satellites that are up in orbit spreading there disease to the far reaches of our planet?? They send large groups into 3rd world nations to "save" the savages. This kind of thing really makes me sick. I'm not a paranoid conspiracy type or anything but it really concerns me. Not only that but these organizations are tax-free like every other church. Gee, think it's time for that law to change??
    Christianity, while maybe valid years ago has now become a plague on our society. When I see the masses of people who have become brainwashed I sometimes question my faith in humanity. I mean, it's the year 2002 and people are still living by
    the whole fire and brimstone thing.
    I should stop writing now, one of the TBN satellites is up there right now watching everything I do and recording my every keystroke

Who is right?

All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

Please don't confuse these TV preachers with true Christians.

Some people just flatout have the wrong idea.
    There was this guy out in Mesquite,TX right after 9/11, started going to convenience stores capping everyone of Middle-eastern descent.
    In fact everyone who even looked Middle-Eastern or had brown skin.
    He's in prison now & insists he's The True American.
    Man, The good people of Mesquite are gonna miss him.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er