Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Down with the 700 club

Reason

Sometimes it is good to see stupid comments put out by the $700 club. They show the rest of the world how not to be. We are seeing in action what happens when people say hateful things. I believe they have turned a potentially great religion into $, greed, selfish, hatemongering cult (big cult). Deviants like the $700 club allow the "average" person to determine that the extreme and stupid actions are not to repeated and must be wrong.

What a bunch of ****s. They are making christianity (christ like) look bad. I guess that is why there is a movement(s) away from religion and more towards a relationship with God, Jesus, Allah, etc.

JWT, can they be labled a hate group? Or is there too much money backing them?

Peace to all but the $700 and evil folks...which would apparently include the 700 folks.

Luckily for us non-morons, along with freedom of speech comes the right to bear arms!!!
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

They can definately be labeled a hate group. They are a political pariah.

JWT
    If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

I agree Budokan. My comments have been mostly directed towards those who indicated that the 700 club shouldn't be allowed to say what they want. If someone doesn't want to hear what they have to say, don't read the article or view the webpage...or just turn the channel.
    Just for the record, I think they are ridiculous, close-minded and hurt the cause of Christianity...which almost anyone will agree is a message of love. I'm not a Christian myself, but I have enormous respect and close dealings with many who I'm proud to say aren't cut from the 700 club cloth.
    Keep it simple, stupid.

"Just for the record, I think they are ridiculous, close-minded and hurt the cause of Christianity..."

The problem with the old "turn the channel" argument (also for raunchy entertainment too) is that is suggests that everyone is an upstanding, educated individual who would rightfully know that something is "wrong" and therefore won't want to be a part of it. That's obviously not the case, and there are people out there who can be harmed by cults, hate rhetoric, etc.
    Children too who are exposed to it know no real difference. "The adults say it so it must be true".
    I'm not saying free speech isn't a wonderful thing, but just like any extreme how far does it go?

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

What about start our own hate group against the fake christian cults, the KKK, NAMBLA, Nsync, Rosie O'Donnell, Police Academy movies, Etc.

Badger
    Justice, swift & raw. US Constitutional absolutism, a return to the American Dream based on the 10 Commandments, The Golden Rule, US Constitution & Bill of Rights, zero tolerance for bloodsuckers, criminals and evil.. Peace through superior firepower & tactical might, zero free rides, only the truly needy get jack****, Don't Tread on Me & Remember the Alamo muther****er

There is a Children's show on TBN (I think) aimed at brainwashing children. It indoctrinates them with the producers' sad view of reality. It even includes sorry Disney wanna-be full-body costumed actors and already-indoctrinated children interacting in some disturbing ways to make television viewing children let down their guard and accept the message with an open mind. Sadly, this program is considered "quality" television programming. Imagine that.

Children are not to be programmed. They are to be left alone until they decide what it is they want to believe and practice.

Doesn't NAMBLA sponsor that children's show I talked about above?

Thumbs up

That's exactly my point. An educated adult might say "bah, this is no good" and change the channel. Good for him.
    But a child will not and probably cannot make such a critical judgment. Therefore why should children be exposed if they cannot simply say for themselves "better change it."
    It's the same for raunchy television and stuff too. Of course adults have to make their own decisions, but the "change the channel" argument implies all parents are educated and moral enough to do it. Some don't care, and let their small children watch whatever they want. Is that the child's "decision"?
    Censorship is a dirty word, but one has to take into consideration ALL variables in something like that.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Originally posted by Badger
    What about start our own hate group against the fake christian cults, the KKK, NAMBLA, Nsync, Rosie O'Donnell, Police Academy movies, Etc.
    Police Academy Movies? Those are fightin words my friend. Where I come from people get shot for making derogatory comments towards Police Academy movies. You have been warned!
    Last edited by ewallace; 02-22-2002 at 05:13 PM.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Black Belt Jones 1

But, but, BUT!
    Yeah ok, your right thats all i got

I just wish people didnt use freespeach as a viel to launch racial attacks. Its a catch 22 and we are now starting to see just how nasty the flip side really is.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

I will ask Benny Hinn to pray for your souls.

**** Heathens.

Here's an idea...let's put Pat Robertson in a room with a 24 hour feed of "Irresponsible Hate Song" by Marilyn Manson.

"I'll hate the haters....I'll rape the rapers..."

Sounds fitting, no?

On a sidenote, I heard that after 9/11, Robertson and Falwell and their other h.ellspawn were quoting some biblical passage that claims this happened because "God turned his back on America and this happened as it happened to Sodom and Gomora...because there were no righteous people left..."

Last I checked, they lived in America too, so doesn't that include them?

"Greetings Marklar, I am Marklar. Welcome to Marklar!"
    "I'll use my bare hands...against any weapon!"

We are trained in wushu. We must defend the Temple!

Freedom of speach is no excuse for hateful speach, until everyone takes it aopn themselves to change their actions and speach there will be no peace. Freedom of speach being an excuse to display hate is bull**** and we all know it.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'