Thread: Does your style rock!

Does your style rock!

Ok, I am trying a new tack here. I am trying to find out if there are any good kungfu schools in minnesota. If you know of one or there is one in your association, please let me know, I would really appreciate it!

My style rocks da house ... but its in NYC. Sorry, couldn't resist.

red5angel,

i'm hell and gone from there. and not gung fu anyway. but i was curious. problem with the school? the style? are you looking to move?

stuart b.

Hey Apoweyn, sort of. I like the style Wing chun is awesome. I like the teachers, they are very good. the only problem I have is twofold:

First, our school has a very slow learning process. This I dont mind so much, but here is the thing, I practice alot at home. Some of the stuff we practice at school we need to practice at school, like sensitivity drills. Our progression culd be a little faster.

Second, I am only 28 years old, and I like to stay in shape. I need something physical to do, something to push me physically. Wing chun is not so physical. The stance is tough, and we sweat and work hard, but I am looking for something that will get me moving around a little more. I dont have a whole lot of free time so I cant just go out and join a local team or something, then I wouldnt get any of my martial practice in, and thats what I want.

I will probably stick with my school, but I am looking for something else to just get me goin a little.

ah, i see. well, cool. i wish you luck, mate. sorry i couldn't be of more help. (or any help, actually)

stuart b.

Sorry, we don't rock. We're more of the Hokey-Pokey range. Sometimes we get really wild and do a Bosanova, but that's only after we've been hitting the bongs.

Go shotokan!
    K. Mark Hoover

dont forget the Polka.
    Free thinkers are dangerous!

we constantly wail on guitars while wearing ninja suits.

last night in class, I totally headbutted this guy after he coughed.

We once did a waltz in my dojo, but most of us couldn't handle it. I broke down and cried, hugging my teddy bear like those male figure skaters do when they're waiting for the scores to appear.

Or like when they see D I C K Buttons waiting for them in the hallway to the showers....
    K. Mark Hoover

Check out a boxing gym then. You could even use it to supplement your wc.