Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 Attack

9/11 Attack

http://peacefultomorrows.org/

So what do you all think? They lost family members and loved ones in the attack, yet they don't want violent reactions or war caused by what happened on 9/11 to take place.
    "I'm here to wipe the floor with your ass, and you know it, and everybody here knows it, and you deserve it."-Duncan, "Some Kind of Wonderful"

"I used to be with it, then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems wierd and scary to me. It'll happen to you!!!" -Grandpa Simpson

"Once while walking through the mall a guy came up to me and
    said 'Hey, hows it going?'. So I grabbed his arm and twisted
    it up behind his head and said 'Now whose asking the questions?'" - Jack Handey

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."George Bush—South Bend, Ind., Sept. 5, 2002

I don't think radicals will ever be open to a hug your western neighbor idea. It's either their way or death. For them I prefer that later.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

"if a man smite you on one cheek, smash him on the other."

- anton lavey

might not be an exact quote, but close enough.
    where's my beer?

It's a good attitude to have as long as you have SAS, SBS, Green Hats, Marines and SEALS putting holes in the bad guys heads,
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I'd love it if our world allowed us to do that and if violence didn't solve anything, but it does. These people want the US destroyed, so inaction on our part is just leaving the door even more wide open than it was pre-9/11.

as a person heavily influenced by Buddhist thought and practice, I very much disgust at war. I try to find ways of solving things without violence, but I agree with Ford here. Violence sometimes is necessary to protect or stop violence from happening to you. Like I've always said before....you need the right mindfulness. The right motivation. Don't enjoy "revenge", don't celebrate killing or going to war. However that doesn't mean don't defend yourself. Fight, and fight well. Win at all costs. But when you do...do not scream in victory or give high fives for killing off the enemy. One should think "This has truly been disgusting...and I wish it never to happen again."
    With that mindset, I think even violence can sometimes become a noble thing...

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    - George Orwell.

wrong target

Sure, go after the terrorists. But the civilian death toll in Afghanistan already exceeds the casualties of 11/9. Not to mention the fact that you guys sponsored the fanatics for years. Please stop being so high and mighty about it all; it´s like you were the only nation in the world that´s suffered from a cruel and cowardly attack.

"But the civilian death toll in Afghanistan already exceeds the casualties of 11/9"

Really?
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Most of the Afghans were killed by Pakistani, Arabs and other Afghans.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Deep, heavy, sigh....

What was it I read on a bumber sticker once?

No one wants a Marine in the neighborhood until the enemy is at the gate.

I have to give it to the peace-niks though, they just don't seem to understand that if it wern't for this countries willingness to engage in the violence and war that they claim to despise, they and the press would not have the freedom to protest a f-ing thing! Enough to drive you crazy.

John
    Second place is the first loser!

How rogue? Please explaain mate.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Thumbs up

"...hate your enemies with a whole heart, and if a man smite you on one cheek, smash him down; smite him hip and thigh for self-preservation is the highest law.
    He who turns the 'other cheek' is a cowardly dog -a Christian dog.
    Give him blow for blow, scorn for scorn, doom for doom: with compound interest liberally added thereunto. Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, aye four-fold, a hundred-fold. Make yourself a Terror to your adversary and when he goeth his way, he will possess much additional wisdom to ruminate over..."

-Ragnar Redbeard, Might Is Right.

An excellent passage, GDA!

Talking

Not this again...

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

Sharkey, I'll leave that for you to research.

DM