Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breaking Boards!

I was joking a bit there, but I gues a "low level martial art" would be like a MA thats just based on purly "external" forms... And now you'll ask what "external" means? well... i don't know... leave me alone... go ask some one else questions....
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

If you can't back it up, don't claim it

I'm not really digging on you, I just wonder where everybody is coming from sometimes.

Asia
    * If you get down here look me up, its always good to meet and train
    Just dont rock the boat with all that stompin on the way down here
    Ive seen you Baji guys i know what your up to
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Man, if you karate guys keep this up, there's gonna be no more forests.
    "The object is not to hurt someone else, but to stop them from hurting you."

"Fighting is not hitting, any fool can hit. Fighting is making the other guy miss. He misses, he gets scarred."

"Nudity and violence are what make a good movie. Violent lesbian nudity makes a great movie." - GDA

- Where's my Mook?

Just a few irrelvent points

(1) what's with the board breaking ? Seriously, how often do we "karate chop" an opponent. Or have an opponent stand there for a minute while we gather our will and strength and what-have-you

(2) Breaking boards does not mean breaking humans. When you punch a board, it snaps. When you punch a human body, it recoils and flatterns and compromise quite a bit of that power.

I could easily turn the argument around.

I've never seen karateka break iron with their heads
    I've never seen karateka support themselves on the tip of a spear
    I've never seen karateka slap bags for palm conditioning
    I've never seen karateka play with a 6kg ball while touching it only with their finger tips and not with their palms
    I've never seen karateka undo knots of a massive rope, tied by several men
    I've never seen karateka break glass cups like paper cups.
    I've never seen karateka.............need I go on ??

and just to add to the flavor, I have never seen a DECENT karateka who does not take kung fu seriously !!!

man karate must suck, mustn't it ?

btw, is it comments like these that starts wars.
    Judging something else using the understanding and values system of another.............big mistake.

Chinwoo-er

Just another small point

Tinman, even IF you do believe that kung fu sucks, what's the point of telling us ?
    a truely confident person who is set on his value needs not prove himself. For that which is true will always remain true. No matter how it is debated.
    If karate is better than Kung fu by so much, there is no point to telling us. You might as well let little ignorant people like us stay ignorant. You are the one who is holding the "truth". What's the point of putting icing on top of it by imposing it on us ?
    The reason I believe is that somewhere in your mind, you doubt that claim. And you need to act upon it to reassure yourself.

( Kind of like a bully picking on people to prove to himself he has power )

Chinwoo-er

I think your posts diserve their own thread
    |) /-\ | | |
    | / \ |_| |__

low level v high level

Merry -

Just so you know, low level MA is what YOU do and hi level is what I do.

Or at least thats what my sifu says...nyuk nyuk nyuk.
    Stupidity - the number one sexually transmitted disease.

Hi.

I thought the distinction was on how low I can get my butt during Tai Chi Forms.

In which case I am doing high level and my Sifu is doing Low Level.