Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Boards!

Cool Breaking Boards!

Last night I crushed through 3 boards with a punch.Then sliced right through 4 with the Knife edge.
    Deadly hard combat.That's what it is in Goju ryu Karate.
    How many boards does a kung fu guy go through?If any.
    Karate,tough as nails.
    Karate ,a great way of life

Smile

I'm just excited about last night.
    Karate ,a great way of life

"How many boards does a kung fu guy go through?If any"

None we usually don't waist our time with macho displays like that and if we do we use bricks
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

Real fighters punch through opponents.
    I ground and pounded my training partner.

Get lost troll.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....

"Last night I crushed through 3 boards with a punch.Then sliced right through 4 with the Knife edge."
    * I just use a saw

Break though with an egg in your hand without cracking the shell and you will be my hero.

Punch a hole [not tear] though a piece of paper held in one hand i will respect you.

Smash a wallnut suspended by a string using a pheonix eye you have my blessing.

Rip chunks out of door frames using tiger claws and ill be proud.

Catch fish from a pond using your bare hands and ill bow down.

Tear a phone book in half using only your hands and ill get out of your way.

Punch a hole though a door using a crane fist and ill humble myself before you.

Untill then stop hurting innocent peices of wood...
    Stop pretending your above KF guys.

PS all of these things can be done and several by my sifu or sigung.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Just incase your NOT a troll

Congratulations on your break.
    Ive done a bit of wood breaking in the past myself, im glad your enjoying your training.
    What you have discribed provided your not using board spacers or oven baked boards is quite a decent break for the techniques you have used.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

how thick were the boards

How about putting out a candle from ten feet away? Or setting newspaper on fire, using only Qi?

20 years from now, your hands will be as rough as sandpaper. You'll have scar tissue up the ying yang, arthritis, an extra set of what appears to be knuckles - which in fact will be calcium deposits, you won't be able to make a fist, and simple acts just as playing "five finger kung fu" will be painful, if not just plain impossible.

This is the gift of external only martial arts.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Copyright 2003 - African Tiger Inc., a Nevada yada yada yada. Any reproduction...oh, to hell with that round kick, my knees are killing me. How about a nice Iron Palm to the nuts, sonny?

Try breaking a cinder block top with a 1inch punch stud. More chi, train harder!

Tinman,

Keep on breaking. It's a good way to show you can generate power based on proper body alignment and good technique.
    Be at peace first with your self then you can be at peace with others.

The only time I'll ever worry about breaking a board is if it attacks me first....

poper body alignment?

proper body alignment? ya rite, it just means you can smash your fist into boards really fast ...it means nothing more especially cuz karate guys usually use spaces which makes it easier.

lay a brick on it's side, 1/2 on half off a table, with nothing ontop of it, and knife hand the part haging off and break it, then i'll be impressed.

Ok, Im on the band wagon! Lets just skip breaking wood all together and start out with concrete. Hell why dont we just throw a litte rebar in there while were at it. How many of you guys that put down breaking actually do any? Just because somebody is a little excited about a break doesn't mean they're trying to impress!
    Be at peace first with your self then you can be at peace with others.

Crushing Fist

---which would have even more to do with generation of speed than the boards. How is it "different" other than being a more difficult feat?

Actually Don, people are giving him a hard time because Ral...I mean Tinman has already been seen as a troll on this forum.

Ryu
    "No judo! NO NO!"

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Attain your highest ability, and continue past it. Emotion becomes movement. Express that which makes you; which guides you. Movement and Mind without hesitation. Physical spirituality...
    This is Jeet Kune Do....