Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: secret behind the phoenix eye punch!

L D S Guest
    To Biu Ji:

Generating power with a single phoenix eye punch is naturally more powerfull, when you understand body mechanics.

To Ming Fai:

Fa Kuen Forms in HG? Please explain this. I'm only acquainted with (empty hand) forms of Hung Gar and Lau Gar in the system of HG.

Ling

BIU JI Guest

Ling

Unless I missed previous post ,what system do you study? I study YKM in Sydney

L D S Guest
    Biu Ji, please look at my profile.
    ;)

Ling

WongFeHung Guest
    corkscrewing accomplishes a few things, one it tears the fascia to penetrate the organs, as a flat fist tears the face when it turns and pulls the skin, which is why fighters use vaseline. Another reason is to create a double impact strike. To accomplish this, perform the strike inverted, and then without withdrawing, turn it over and continue the strike, one-two. You can reverse this as well, or link it with itself to form multiple strikes. Multiple iumpact strikes are often used to penetrate iron shirt.

Quan Guest

phoenix eye strike

FT, i used to know a wing chun sifu that would use a phoenix eye strike, in conjunction with a controling grab with the other hand. it circled from the center line outward across the eye as you pulled your opponent towards you. it was a very efective strike and a somewhat different usage of the fist. I haven't ever seen anyone else use it quite that way since

WongFeHung Guest
    another corkscrewing motion found in Tang-Fung Hung-Ga utilizes the wrist as well. This represents the concept of jow-sao, or running hand, which is a strike that when met with opposition, circles, or runs around and continues to strike. This is only a concept, and should be expanded and extrapolated to include running from all different angles.

fiercest tiger Guest

thanks guys

ten tigers nice post you seem to know about the phoenix eye pretty well.

do you know what the corkskrew does in turn to presspoint striking.

quan,
    i have seen a picture of dr leung ting doing a phoenix eye strike in wing chun. i didnt know that they used it, maybe high lkevels i dont know ill ask vingstunstudent though, he would now! :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

Quan Guest

Phoenix eye

F.T. the sifu i saw using it was a student of augistine fong's im not real familiar with the system or its variations but it was a cool strike so i have always kept it in my tool box

CannonFist Guest

Wing Chun's phoenix eye

I was told that Yip Man used to teach the phoenix eye fist back in China. Some of his student conditioned their phoenix eye fist till they can dent certain metal plates. Hoever Yip Man started simplifying his Wing Chun when he went to HK. In my opinion the main strength of Yip Man's Wing Chun is its simplicity.

SifuAbel Guest
    Who here can do the pheonix eye push up?

Its dangerous to think you are immortal.
    sifuabel@aol.com

fiercest tiger Guest

push ups

there are different type of phoenix eye push ups that i teach and practise, can you do them?

i here where you are coming from sifuable :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

SifuAbel Guest
    I sure can. I was thinking about making a short quicktime as demo. What different types of push ups do you do? Do you do them on the one knuckle?

sifuabel@aol.com

SifuAbel Guest

sifuabel@aol.com

fiercest tiger Guest

sifu able

in phoenix eye push up we have vertical method and horizontal method. they both train the hand and pressure differently on the knuckle. plus different push up for developing the tricep form punching and elasticity. for ging! :D

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

fiercest tiger Guest

bump

:D

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com