Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    Dont worry about being fat, kung fu training will make you lose some weight depending on how hard you train.

Just go for it, come on, think of overweight masters of the past, they were all awesome:

Wang Shu Jin
    Xebsball
    Yang Cheng Fu
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

xebby is no more, his creator dwells elsewhere
    http://emptyflower.com/xingyiquan/dr...wallpaper.html

Check out Wang Shujin, he kicked ass in China and Japan.
    "If you're havin girl problems i feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one"

"If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black"

http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OQSURMO&key=FMA

Oh i wanted to learn kung fu because I was always interested in it. I think I'm going to do it....but that would be in the summer i have to give my mom some money to start out with I already saved up $120...in the summer i'll probly have more in the summer.

btw thanks for all the links everyone but i adventually had to look up a school in the yellow pages...who would've known phone books could be better then internet.
    Last edited by Yajirobe; 02-26-2002 at 02:09 PM.

One more thing, some of the smartest people I have ever known (bookwise) had some of the lowest common sense levels I have ever seen. A lot of MA is about common sense. It doesn't take an MIT grad to figure out that a spinning crescent kick won't work on a midget.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

"i'm fat and not so smart"

what kind of f.ucking attitude is that?

fair enough, if you're fat, you're fat, but the only reason (i usually find) that people are "not so smart" is cos they either don't educate themselves, or are lazy.

that's just the wrong attitude. you should never (IMO) put yourself down in that way. I NEVER say to myself, i am not clever enough to do this (for example) maths, when there are other people who can do it. I refuse to believe that they are better at me at something, and think there is nothing that i can do about it. I can be just as good if not better than anyone if i out my mind to it.

THAT is how a winner thinks. I am not saying I am god, or i am the best at everything, but you gotta have a bit of fu.ckin pride in yourself for gods sake.

And go for a fu.cking jog, fatty.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

Wink

If you can’t train directly train indirectly work on things like flexibility, take yoga or gymnastics. There are many things that you can do now that would prepare you for when the opportunity to train at a school happens.

Conversely many people paying big bucks taining at the schools are training in the things that you could be doing now in order to practice their chosen styles.

a lot of basic things can be done and practiced independent of any style but used in all styles.
    enjoy life

Sharky I'm just pointing out the facts. I have tryed my hardest in math and all classes in school but I couldn't do it..even with other people helping me. No it's not a good attitude but I have tried my hardest and I'm still not able to do anything. I wouldn't call it a bad attitude i would call it a truthful one.

anyway I couldn't find ANY Kung fu places that i could take the bus to and my mom has work so i guess I'll just take it in college...i did find one place that claims to be a kung fu place but i find out it's my old karate place! It says "Karate" on the sign and that's what it teaches but it says Kung fu in the phone book! sorry for bumping this topic this is the last time.

And go for a fu.cking jog, fatty.
    wow you're just like the kids at my school a$$hole.
    Last edited by Yajirobe; 02-27-2002 at 02:22 PM.

My nephew is mildly autistic. Wouldn't know it right away talking to him, just might think he's a little awkward.

He knows he isn't smart. He also knows he's more honest than most. There's nothing wrong with recognizing your own shortcomings. Just don't give up. Keep at what you need to learn, never assume because you are having a hard time at a thing that you cannot learn it.

My nephew is amazing at other things. He goes sailing, and the kid knows and can apply so many different knots, its insane. And the guy can improvise origami. He asked me one time to pick something to make an origami of. I was joking around, and said "An old lady". The next day, he made it. I keep it on my dresser to remember not to think of anything as impossible.

BTW, his mother was pretty embarrassed. The old lady came complete with sagging bossoms.

Origami has never been the same.

that's a nice story. maybe when I'm older I'll be able to get in touch with my knowlege.

Please excuse my British counterpart, they drink real beer over there and are more subjective to directness. If you suck at everything else you have done then maybe m/a is your niche. If you can't train now then get yourself in a better position to do so. If you are really out of shape then start VERY slow. Do some cycling on a stationary bike, do some slow pace work on an elliptical machine. If you don't have access to a gym, be creative. If you don't live at an apartment complex with a fitness center, go to a friends' that does. If no friends live at one, find a fairly nice apartment complex and just blend in (note this may be illegal in some places). Be creative. Look at the Training and Health forum. There are some people with some very good knowledge there. Just don't make excuses to yourself. If you are overweight, do something about it. It won't happen overnight. But in 5 years if you have done nothing but sat on your ass you will think to yourself...crap, I could have been lookin pretty good if I started then.

Remember, NO EXCUSES. If you do nothing to improve your situation you have no right to complain about it. Not saying you are complaining or making excuses. Just saying from now on if you are not doing anything to better your situation it is no one's fault but yours.

Stop the madness.
    Fit for life.
    Just say no.
    Hug a tree.

That is my good deed for today. I am going to find me a stewardess to pat on the fanny.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

Yeah it is no one's fault but my own...but I'll find a way to lose weight.

that's different, elbows.

and for heavens sake, you really think you need a gym to get fit? pfft. mind your diet, do pressups, crunches, run and skip. You do NOT need a gym. It's just a luxary. Just try going jogging for 15 mins 2x a week, fatboy.

Or, you could stay in and have another cream cake. I'd understand if you did.

Sharky,
    Are you sure? The milder versions of autism are very hard to spot, and in most ways, these people function. How are you able to tell the difference(I'm just giving ya flack, don't take this too seriously ). Also, everyone has differing levels of aptitude in different fields, and cannot expect every type of thinking to be easy for them. I didn't tell him not to try.

However, I'm with you 100 per cent on the gym stuff. It drives me nuts how people need to buy stuff to do anything nowadays.