Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: There's something wrong with the search function

There is also another thing about the new search function... it can't find old threads! one day I was searcing for an old thread where firehawk had posted an interesting article about southern mantis. It has just disappeared! that goes for the political threads around the time of september last year too.

just bringing it up to the top again, someoen really should fix it, i emailed kung fu magazine about it and they never sent me a reply...but i think we should all post individual postings saying "FIX THE SEARCH SO THERE IS NO 4 WORD MINIMUM" and then reply to each others postings so there will be like 10 postings like that at the top of the page constantly....thats the only way to get things done if they don't wanna read our EMail. i realize it's a B1TCH move, but hey....whacha gonna do otherwise?

I dont think it's working out how you planned..........

well

if some ppl would make the EFFORT it mIGHT!

where's your post man!? don't you wanna see the search function fixed? i know i do! c'mon GROUP EFFORT GUYS!

well yea, thats why i'm signing this one. People are barely looking at this page. This will go back to the top though.

kinda defeats the purpose if its moved to a forum that nobody reads. So much for power of the people, if no one really gives a sh!t.....................

Welcome to my world

Kind of the main forum moderators to kick this down to me...

The search engine is a built-in function of vBulletin. We are aware of the problem but at this time, it is beyond our control.

With a forum of our magnitude, we require a professional service that is affordable. Those of you who have been here a while remember when we had to transfer forums twice before. To be frank, the problem is money. It costs a fair chunk of change to run this kind of forum. Our previous hosts we're just about to move us to an $800+ a month program because of our growth - far beyond our budget for this project, which is why we switched for vBulletin. vBulletin is far from perfect, but it's the best we can afford at this time. The recent update was to solve something much more problematic - the moderation controls were offline. Now they're online, which is why you are seeing threads move, deletions and banning. Hopefully, we can update the search next, but it relies a lot on vBulletin to make the upgrade.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thanx Gene. Atleast you took the time to respond. The search engine is not that big of a problem but it gets annoying. We all appreciate the board though. I guess we have to deal with it folks.

Beleive me, you're not the only one that's annoyed

It is definately something we are looking into. I was hoping there would be an upgrade in our recent upgrade, but no. I want that search function as badly as you do. Keep your fingers crossed.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Serach engine update

As it stands, the search engine is internally set to allow a minimum of 4 and maximun of 20, with wild cards. Did that change anything? Doesn't look like it. It's some kind of internal bug to the system. There is another update available - we are looking into if this will improve the situation. Thanks for your patience all.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Try the serach function now

I think we got it working properly.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips