Thread: Multiple Sclerosis

Multiple Sclerosis

I am taking my g/f to see a good friend of my sifu's to get medical chi kung treatment for her MS. I'll keep you guys posted!

I feel your pain man. My father died from MS. It got so bad that i was kinda glad he passed. He was a half alive, half comatose. He couldn't walk, talk, barely eat, hear or do anything. Theres not much i can say to make the situtation better, but i hope she feels atleast a little bit better. Just tell her to stay active. That might slow it down

well,

She was diagnosed a year ago but the symptoms are begining to emerge now. With women it can get more complicated if you know what i'm saying. I really hope the chi kung master can help, she supposedly has had positive results with MS patients in the past. My girl's appointment is march 14th so we'll see. Thanks for your kind wprds and i'm sorry to hear about your father.

It might be worth it not only for her to get treatment but for her to begin treating herself with chi kung ie. tai chi type exercises. They will definetely complement any type of energy work a chi kung master will perform, and the person performing such treatments would be an excellent source of information on what exercises would be specifically geared towards helping her condition.

- Nexus

Thumbs up

I once had a housemate with MS. He wouldn't consider alternative therapy and was a really depressed person, took a lot of drugs, took it out on other people. I think it's clear that eastern healing is just about your only hope with something like that. It has to help, at least with the quality of life.

-FJ

I admire your determination. Hope you get good results, and am wishing g/f well.

best,
    Cody

Deit tips for MS

You've probably heard all these but in case you haven't:

Although little is known about dietary effects on MS, there does seem to be a trend that those who eat a lot of saturated fats tend to have more difficulties with MS, while many fishing villages/communities seem almost immune to the disease. A study by neurologist Roy Laver Swank, M.D., at the Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland , has long been treating MS quite successfully with a low-saturated-fat diet. In an article in Brittish medical jopurnal The Lancet Dr Swank (what an unfortunate name )chronicled the astonishing success of his MS diet.He tracked 144 MS patients for 34 years. Those who cut saturated fat to under 20 grams a day had much less deterioration and lower death rates than those who ate more saturated fat. He now finds that eating even less saturated fat (no more than 15 grams daily) yields greater and faster improvement.
    Dairy fats seem most destructive to those with MS. Meat fat coming in at a close second.

At the same time MS patients may need more omega-3 type marine fat. In a study Ralph. T. Holman, Ph.D., of the University of Minesota and Emre Kokmen, M.D., of the Mayo Clinic documented that MS patients have very abnormal patterns of blood fatty acids, charecterised by a severe lackof omega-3 fatty acids.
    Dr. Holman blames the fatty-acid imbalance mostly on a defect in metabolizing fat, and suggests it can be partly overcome by eating oils rich in omega-3 fatty acids. While fish oil (such as cod liver oil) are more potent, plant oils - mainly canola and flaxseed oil may also help. Nor does it take "astronoimically high levels of oils" to correct the deficiency, says Dr Holman . "We are talking about a few teaspoons a day."
    In a British test, fish oil reduced the severity and frequency of relapses among 312 MS patients during a three-year period.

For complete details of Dr Swank's diet see his book: The Multiple Sclerosis Diet Book [New York: Doubleday, 1987].

Cool drunkendragon

Although I never had MS,I believe Qigong is the way. In the last three years it has helped me greatly. The drunkendragons will be in my prayers.
    Be motivated and stay focused.

Damian

10. Thumbs up

MS is uncurable.Empirical evidence of medical qi-gong helping it hardly exists.
    The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Incurable or not, the ATTITUDE that it is incurable will kill you.

If you have the strong belief that you will beat it, you will do much better. Even if the disease eventually kills you, it will take much longer.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein