Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cancer Sucks

Cancer is tough. My mother died of cancer when she was 37 -- I was in HS.
    It was misdiagnosed as well, and caught to late. In one year she went from looking healthy, to hurting, to chimotherapy, to looking like a skelaton, to swelling up and then dying. Very terrible time in my life.

In the end, I am a better person for having been through it all. I miss my mother, but if it wasn't for her up bringing I wouldn't have made it.

We go when its the best time to go for all parties involved. You will grieve and then you will learn much. You will grow.

My sympathies.

I'm very sorry, my Father in law was diagnosed with cancer in the abdomen, after going in to hospital for a "simple operation" 4 weeks later he died. Thankfully he wasn't in much pain and still had his sense of humour.
    Look after the rest of your family and be strong

This was about, wow, almost 10 years ago now. Thankfully we all made it through.

My advice is be with the family when it happens. We all went inward and almost collapsed. My father got strung out on coke. My sister had a break down and then was on and still might be on anti-depressents. My brother's best friend committed suicide a few months later and my bro didn't speak for a while, he was only 12.

Me, I was playing football and then quit about 3 months into college to just surf. Smoked a lot bud, went to a lot of dead shows, read alot. It was a sad time. My father was missing most of the time and then one day I found him hanging himself, I had to lift him up and off the rope. I actually hit him. I couldn't believe it when I did it, but he desrved it.

He went away for a few months and now is painting and just had apiece published in an art mag. I'm proud of him. He loved my mom. Everybody's OK. It was our Dark Period. I learned a lot about life, change. I also realized the importance of really living a life seeing one taken away so young. My mom was only 10 years older then me when she died.

I want to be an author. I want to be a great martial artists. I'm not waisting time because there is no time to waist. I'd like to work really hard now, so I can enjoy my life and family in the future. Though I know myself, and there will always be some challenge I want to overcome.

Please don;t take this as a boo hoo post. Not at all. To me this is life. Ups and downs. Its natural. I realize downs are not bad, a time when a change is beign set up. I wouldn't change a thing. I am happy. I have found a real master and I wouldn't have if ONE thing was different.

Life is funny.

sorry to hear that. cancer does suck.

All:

Thank you very much for the kind words and private messages.
    Our family is rallying together and my grandpa is taking this is stride.

The doctors have given him six months...Dam.

He has totally accepted the situation and while I won't say he's at peace with the world, he is handling everything pretty well.

He and my grandma went to Red Lobster's Lobster Fest last night and he's going to fix the pipes in my sisters house today. Hard to believe that before summer is over he will be gone.

The doctors have set him up an appointment with Hospice and we've been told that he'll have his good days and bad. Eventually his organs will begin to shut down and he'll need 24 hour care. Grandpa says when it gets too bad he'll stop eating and accepting water. Doctors say he'll be dead 4 days after he does that.

<heavy sigh...>

Anyway,

Thanks again for your prayers. My family is greatful.

John
    Second place is the first loser!