Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know anything about the Valley of Youth?

While I pretty much agree with your take on processed sugar, where did you ever get the idea that salt is 'poisonous'? This just in: Humans need salt to live. In fact, in ancient times it was more precious than gold in some societies and was also used to classify some people in a sort of caste system. Hence the saying: "Sitting above/below the salt."

It all comes down to moderation. Of course too much salt will kill you. So will too much water and too much air, come to think of it. But neither of these compounds are 'poisonous' to the human body.

I think you probably meant it would be considered so if someone ingested too much of it (some people heavily salt their dinner but do little or no exercise and subsequent perspiration to warrant that use of an electrolyte) and in the wrong way re: salty snacks...?
    K. Mark Hoover

Most living creatures have approximately the same amount of heart beats in their lives, roughly 1 Billion.
    This being said it can be seen that a mouse or vole that lives a hurried nervous life will live only a short time. While an animal such as a elephant or a human lives a much longer life.

Free radicals in the blood and oxygen posioning are the main cause of tissue damage, and cell ageing.
    Therefore an increased intake of anti-oxidants will dramitically reduce the number of free radicals, and the damage caused to body cells by oxygen.

Reduce the amount of food we eat by about 50%.
    As the absorbtion of food, and the burning of sugars to make energy creates free radicals.

Therefore to extend life we need to:
    Take very little excerise.
    Eat only a vegetarian diet.
    Lots of green vege, and fruit to get as many vitamins like A, C, E. (these are anti-oxidants)
    Never eat more than 1500 calories per day.

Basically if you live like a tortoise you will live for a very long time!

Remember the saying "Live hard die young"

The choice is yours!

regards
    Colin..........
    "The cat never weeps for the mouse"

http://www.laugar.org.uk

I was just using those as an example of processed foods being bad for you. It's come to the point that you can't even get a whole chicken that hasn't been pumped full of steroids and hormones? I doubt any companies actually dig up there own salt like ancient people did and if it is, it goes through it fair share of chemical changes. It about organic and inorganic. Sea Salt for example is usable. Humans need the Iodine, not a bunch of other stuff
    Last edited by Leonidas; 03-02-2002 at 05:31 PM.