Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: extrajoseph

I think Kong Jeung is a palm as well. The panther fist with the palm facing upwards is used in the 5 Wheel Fist. I foget what it's called.
    "The Dragon and the Tiger met in Heaven, to revive our Shaolin ways"

Originally posted by CLFNole
    Extrajoseph:
    I was wondering if you knew the name of the chop choy "panther fist" technique when the palm is facing upwards example striking under the opponents chin to his throat. Is that call a particular type of chop choy?
    Peace.
    If it is done with a charp or chop choy with the palm turned up then it would be a biu jong or biu charp. With the right hand, when we charp with the palm facing left and thumb up it is called yeung charp, with the palm facing left and thumb down it is called yum charp, with the palm facing down and thumb to the left it is called ping charp (or cheng ahn if going for the eyes) and with the palm facing up and thumb to the right it is called biu charp or biu jong. When we rotate the charp to get better penetration it is called law si (screw) charp.

I thought you were talking about a palm technique striking at the chin and the throat, that is why I mentioned kong jeung and pao jeung. To kong is block with the opposite hand upward while to pao is to block with the opposite hand downward.

extrajoseph,

yes that is right. When we go over the forms together in class sifu lane calls the names of the moves out. I think it was biu charp or choy/jong, can't remember to well I havn't been to the kwoon in a few months coz of work.

Isn't the corkscrew called loi yum? this is used in the 5 wheel fist a lot as well.
    "The Dragon and the Tiger met in Heaven, to revive our Shaolin ways"

Extrajoseph:

The other charp choy's I knew it was biu charp that I didn't know the name for.

Thanks

GA,

Yes, loi yum is a corkscrew yum charp aiming for the lower part of the body, it goes with the 3 combo of gwa choy, cheng ahn and loi yum (block, hit high and hit low). Better get back to traing soon before you forget ng lun ma and ng lun chui. You know what they say: all work and no play makes golden armour dull!