Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New J-Lo movie

New J-Lo movie

I have a signature.

Someone's gotta do something about the whole "take taebo/kickboxing and kick everyone's butt!" mindset in this continent. It's just getting stupid. I had a conversation with a friend who has 2 years experience in karate/judu, and he was completely convinced that if you learn tae bo from video tapes for a long time then it can be a powerful martial art. He didn't base this on any experience or knowledge, it was just something he "knew". What can you say to that? One of us should get rich and launch a huge education campaign called "TAE BO SUX".

"it was just something he "knew". What can you say to that?"
    * To quote a much respected friend of mine and a professional comic Akaml Saleh who said this whilst harping on Arab terrorists.
    "You cant argue with someone who has already made up there mind!"

Your friend is proberly right!
    After a few years of Tae Bo you 'should' be in good shape and able to fight a little better just due to that.

Im still working on my 'flashdance fist' which will be released to the market soon.
    Be prepared!
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Taebo doesn't instruct you to put power into your techniques, so for that reason alone it can never be considered a combat art. Besides, that wasn't his point, he thinks that taebo offers "deadly techniques like kungfu" to put it in his words.

"Besides, that wasn't his point, he thinks that taebo offers "deadly techniques like kungfu" to put it in his words."
    * Just agree with him and then laugh behind his back, its slack but its been done for years
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

I'm personally worried about the number of women who believe they can defend themselves because of this Tae Bo stuff.

I try to tell them, this is great cardio, do it for that, but you are NOT learning fighting skill, they don't listen. A while back there was a bunch of us hanging out in the break room, this one chica is all puffed up about her Tae Bo 'defense' skills, I just couldn't help it, I called her on it.

I told her to show me how she would stop an attacker, and as I stepped towards her she telegraphs her round kick really loud, I almost laughed it was so obvious. I just stepped inside her kick and with a couple of fingers on her sternum PUSHED HER OVER. Her balance sucked, her control sucked, her timing sucked, and she was absolutely not prepared to be touched in any way. It really surprised the heck out of her, I guess she thought I was going to stand still and let her kick me or something.

As if.
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

I bet they all hate you now.
    All i wanted was some RICE CAKES! Now? WE MUST BATTLE.

hehehehe probably. But if they do, they're being pretty quiet about it, since I outrank the lot of 'em
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

Go Jas!!!!
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

But we are talking J-Lo here!!!
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Jesus christ she looks butters in that pic - although watch the ain't it funny video - uNF!

Sounds like a "straight to Lifetime" movie to me. Actually, sounds like a rip-off of a Lifetime movie. The video's okay, but I think she could do a lot more with her voice than she does. She needs to give up that Elvis-wanna-be near-Karate poseur crap, though. She should dance as beautifully as she looks.

Actually Mrs. LOnicePbuttEZ has been training in Krav Maga for a little while.
    Your intelligence is surpassed only by your ignorance.

You are more likely to fall down the stairs and break your neck if you live in a house with stairs. You are more likely to be in a car accident if you drive to work. You are more likely to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the nose if you practicing the martial arts. - Judge Pen

She is also the only girl i have ever seen that looks good if not better with a fringe.

I think she is butt ugly.
    I have a signature.