Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Question for Those familiar with rap

oh yea, they like gambling too. "Jus' keepin' it real son, nah'mean. I ain't never gonna leave the prizzojects, pass the wizzeed and the easy G, i needs to get crunked." I run 'dis' beeotch." I hope you understood that. It goes on and on............

i'm sure u missed the weed boyz.
    don't they just love smokin' a big fat blunt & rubin' it in ya face.
    naughty boyz they is.
    vts

Leonidas, ur just listening to the wrong rappers, come on u can't say u don't have access in brooklyn.
    "The Dragon and the Tiger met in Heaven, to revive our Shaolin ways"

Lightbulb git yo knowledge on; no excuses.

u live in BK son. u have no excuse for liking limp bizkit. their name says it all.

The Nkiru Center for Education & Culture, The Center for Black Literature, and The Department of Languages, Literature, and Philosophy Present:

A Performance And Interactive Writing Workshop

Featuring Abiodun Oyewole of The Last Poets

Date: Thursday, March 7, 2002
    Time: 7:00 - 9:00 P.M.
    Place: Medgar Evers College
    1650 Bedford Avenue, Café Annex
    (Between Crown And Montgomery Streets)

For Information Call: 718-270-4925

keep that rap/rock amalgam..
    Mos has some joints like that, ain't too bad, Rage was dope once. Everyone else sucks pretty bad. Man there's plenty of hip hop that's credible. stop watching MTV
    In mildness is the strength of steel

alameda(san fransisco bay area), california
    not to be mean leonidas, but rapcore in itself is poserish, it is just a butchering of two music genres. It's too weak to be metal and too fake to be rap, kinda like puff daddy meets Motley crue. Don't get me wrong I listen to everything, 2pac, nas, the roots, dice raw,xzibit, the usual that we all have heard but I love the classics to, Grand master flash, run dmc, de la soul, I hate the fake poppy crap that is out there, Jay-z,p diddy,ja rule, that crap is so annoying.My favorite group out there is Outkast. They are so original, and I love what they have to say about everything, people who don't like them usually just don't understand what they are talking about and thats just sad cause that shows how our society has gone downhill. just because of a few cursewords people get scared away from music, most people who don't like a certain genre have never really heard good music from that genre. The only reason I don't like rapcore is because It gets too cliche. Like linkin Parks music is all just one song with some what different words. I hate Limp Biskit because they stole music from guitarist across the nation with that stupid Guitar center contest. They made every guitarist competing sign a paper saying that Limp Bizkit pretty much owns whatever the guitarst play during the audition. So they stole thousands of guitar riffs. My views may **** some of you off but If I get through to one person It's all good.
    ---------------------------"uh oh, what is going to happen next?"

KRISTOFFER

it was I who mentioned unsung heroes. they have a full length out. check sandboxoutomatic.com if you want to cop it.
    also, download Atmosphere's Scapegoat and Primer. Straight illness.
    the only reasons i'm feelin unsung is siah and yeshua da poED. the rest sound too ny-undergroundish. copies basically.
    "travel on the gravel, never took the taken road, slaves walk the pave, cravin all the same sh!t, siah and yesh explain sh!t, all you need to pay's attention...."
    Last edited by Justa Man; 03-05-2002 at 12:19 PM.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

Public Enemy (my all time favorite), Dead Prez, KRS-1, Wu-Tang (especially GZA's solo albums), Dilated Peoples, Livin Legends, del.

Living Legends! Yes yes! Speaking of Wu and the Gza, ever hear Gza and Rza's 'Pass the Bone' and Wu's 'Who's the Champion'? Hottest beats. Rza at his finest.
    Last edited by Justa Man; 03-05-2002 at 12:13 PM.
    only gin and tang guzzle out a rusty tin can, me and this mic is like yin and yang

You can't beat Blondies Rapture,
    Itried to put a smiley there but it didn't work
    Pete

I was just using Limp Di(k and the rest as examples. I dont think Rapcore is poserish. You can rhyme over anything. Rapping= equals flowing poetry over music (doesn't specify what) and hip hop doesn't have a monopoly on poetry. Who honestly thinks RATM was a hip hop poser. I dont hate rap but that fake "gangsta" talk was really getting to me (meaning p!ssing off). I also know of rappers like Common and Mos Def who dont rhyme about that stuff but its really far and few( not as well known as Jigga-man and Jada are they?), and so i decided I should try other genres of music and i found something that i like and stuck with it, sue me. This was a thread about people who listen to rap if you remember and thats the closest thing to it that i listen to. Whats wrong with Rap/Rock . Let's see, i like rhyming (ok), i like guitar riffs (getting better), why not mash 'em together (thats the ticket, perfect, go with it). Much better

You got chocolate in my peanut butter!

I like Linkin Park and Rage Against the Machine too. Actually, before you get on Leonidas' case too much, I would like to point out that at this moment I am listening to Green Day, and liking it!

I thought I was the only one on this planet that didn't understand the increase in popularity of the "jigga man". I can't get enough of "Big Pimpin'" though.

Golden Armor,
    Do you listen to Jeru tha Damaja?
    "No Pain - Good."
    - neptunesfall

New Jersey--where the weak are killed and eaten
    Nah, Third Bass was the best back in the day; rap is losing its originality--nothing is new, it all sounds the same. Long gone are the days of Tribe called quest, Fushnikins, et al.

"Milk is chillin, this is chillin, what more can I say?"

i listen to anime music and video games..mostly made by square.... ::goes back to fantasy world::

err, see below
    Last edited by Justa Man; 03-05-2002 at 09:08 PM.

i give 3rd base props...they put zeb love x (now known as the MF Doom...aka one of the tightest mc's of the last decade) on the gasface jawn. jeru's first release is classic. that's what i'm sayin....one could go on for days droppin mc's / crew's names that are/were hot.
    rage was tight. and you have a point leonidas, one could rhyme over any music if one was moved to do so. there are always gonna be purists, and there are always gonna be those who take it to a different level, just like there are gonna be the bruce lee types who mix and match martial arts for what works for them, and there are gonna be old men who make you stand in horse stance for 15 minutes before you learn something more.
    gangster talk gets to me all the time, that's why hot 97 gets no love in my ride (except for that newer joint, whose hook is like "it's my life, my pen, my pad, my life"...nice beat...lyrics aren't all about guns and hoes, just about tough life). they turn out the same songs, sayin the same sh!t, just mixin up the words to sound different. common and mos def aren't as few and far between as you deem. it just takes diggin.
    that's why i get sort of ****ed for droppin names like atmosphere, j-live, cannibal ox, juggaknots and mf doom on you guys, cuz yall don't know how much diggin it took, chances are none of you will actually dig up on them yourselves, and me and mine consider them jewels among fools' gold.
    i don't hate on you for listening to hard stuff though leonidas. some of that sh!t is pure adrenalin, and mad fun to break stuff to.