Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple attackers

Yeah, man, I was trying to be ironic or something. I guess since Ron hasn't put me on his ignore list yet, it's not clear what I think of his claims; but earlier this week he made some condescending remarks about healing my "hinderances", and that was what I was referencing. I'm on your side, and I like that san da for MMA program you've got going on.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

oh, I was just being funny (and difficult) and I like to pick on RonH
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

cjurakpt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by brianK View Post
    cjurakpt: You seem angry.
    it's true - and because of my anger, RonH is able to maintain power over me (like he says so, here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...9&postcount=48)

You should ask Ron to send you a long distance qi ball of bliss. You'll start spontaneously healing everyone around you; it'll grow exponentially until billions are healed.
    or at least I'll be sitting up straighter...

Ron once told me to have a nice day, and a week later there was no more cancer in India.
    yeah - everyone had already died of malnutrition, malaria and AIDS...

Your skepticism is really holding you back.
    the definition of skepticism I prefer is that one allows any long standing belief to be instantly disregarded when new evidence comes to the fore showing why a different way of thiking is actually the correct one (and I'm still waiting on that one); implying that ultimately one always has an open mind to the possibility of one's beliefe system being changed radicaly in a moment

lkmfdc:I thought you got it, just wasn't sure. Dry wit can be a little hard to pin down over the interweb.

Brian
    "I will annihilate you using a combination of martial taiji, bagua, and krav maga. Now grab my arm with one hand on my wrist and the other one on my elbow... it has to be right on the elbow or it won't work." -Dale Gribble

cjurakpt: I'm a proud skeptic, myself. I think there is definitely value in some neigong/qigong/meditation practices, but we can only extract that value if we approach it in a non-dogmatic way. Claims about distance healing, and lin kong jin being able to easily drop Fedor aren't helping anyone. I'm not interested in Ron's qi balls (or any other of Ron's balls for that matter). I would like a bit of what he's been smoking, though.

Brian

cjurakpt Guest
    cjurakpt: I'm a proud skeptic, myself. I think there is definitely value in some neigong/qigong/meditation practices,
    I agree wholeheartedly - I consider myself living proof they have benefit, but it doesn't justify susending one's ability to reason...

but we can only extract that value if we approach it in a non-dogmatic way.
    bingo - otherwise it's self-aggrandizement (Trungpa's "spiritual materialsim" is an applicable term as well)

Claims about distance healing, and lin kong jin being able to easily drop Fedor aren't helping anyone.
    again, my perspective is accountability - if I wasn't in the room when it happened, it can be attributable to just about anything else; Ron's amateur-hour perspective always seems to have a happy-ending that somehow works its way back to him - and he thinks he's not ego-driven...he still is laboring under the misapprehension that I care if he thinks the same things I do; and BTW, he originally offered to "teach" me about energy healing much in the same way he offered you "advice" about what was hindering you (we had similar responses) - in my tradition, we never offer anything directly if not asked - taking a page from the Buddha's habit of not opening his mouth until 2 AM only after being entreatied 3x - Ron on the other hand always seems just a bit too eager to help you, or the world, out for my taste...

I'm not interested in Ron's qi balls (or any other of Ron's balls for that matter). I would like a bit of what he's been smoking, though.
    it's probably not cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by cjurakpt View Post
    bodhi: just out of curiosity, if I decide to post direct links to other threads illustrating why I think that RonH is beyond hope when it comes to having a normal discussion (like this one: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...stories&page=2) or if I cut and paste stuff summarizing our interrractions (like here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=104) and he gets all bent out of shape (like he did here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...&postcount=129) and complains to the mods, do you think I'm going to get in trouble?; mind you, this is all hypothetical, I'm not actually posting links (like this one: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...6&postcount=23), only wondering if I should be more prudent in the future, instead of behaving in a way that he considers irresponsible? (such as linking to here: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...8&postcount=11)
    anyway, just asking...

BTW, am I the only one that get the irony of this thread's title yet?
    you shouldn't get in any trouble, at least I can't see any reason. I'm a mod and I'm calling DEUCHIE a DEUCHE
    Bless you

Yeah, man, I was trying to be ironic or something. I guess since Ron hasn't put me on his ignore list yet, it's not clear what I think of his claims; but earlier this week he made some condescending remarks about healing my "hinderances", and that was what I was referencing. I'm on your side, and I like that san da for MMA program you've got going on.

Brian
    I've told you once before already that it wasn't condescension, as you thought it was. The hinderence I mentioned was done out of compassion for you. That's an entirely different thing. And, even with everything you've said in this thread, it doesn't change one bit of that compassion. All of it still remains with me.

Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    I've told you once before already that it wasn't condescension, as you thought it was. The hinderence I mentioned was done out of compassion for you. That's an entirely different thing. And, even with everything you've said in this thread, it doesn't change one bit of that compassion. All of it still remains with me.

you're just a regular old monk aren't you

DINGLEBERRY
    Last edited by bodhitree; 09-07-2007 at 06:52 AM.
    Bless you

Quote Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
    you're just a regular old monk aren't you
    DINGLEBERRY
    Why do you continue to act in this fashion? Even when I'm showing concern for someone I don't know or haven't even met face-to-face and have barely spoken with at all, you still want to try to make me feel insulted? I'm beginning to think that you really just can't stand me being nice to or getting along with anyone to any degree on the board. It's a shame that you want to be this irrational.

Why do you continue to act in this fashion? Even when I'm showing concern for someone I don't know or haven't even met face-to-face and have barely spoken with at all, you still want to try to make me feel insulted? I'm beginning to think that you really just can't stand me being nice to or getting along with anyone to any degree on the board. It's a shame that you want to be this irrational.
    I call BS.

Your compassion is pity. You think are better than the other people, you think you're "more enlightened" in someway. You call your perspective "less narrow" but talk as though your perspective was flawless as that of God or Dao. You speak to the forum as though you are a wise old man who has blessed us by coming down from the mountain. You try to sound wise, but your words are filled with arrogance. Your mountain is your ego, and you're not coming down, you're only rising higher and higher. We can barely even hear you now.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintSage View Post
    I call BS.

Your compassion is pity. You think are better than the other people, you think you're "more enlightened" in someway. You call your perspective "less narrow" but talk as though your perspective was flawless as that of God or Dao. You speak to the forum as though you are a wise old man who has blessed us by coming down from the mountain. You try to sound wise, but your words are filled with arrogance. Your mountain is your ego, and you're not coming down, you're only rising higher and higher. We can barely even hear you now.
    agreed

10 characters needed
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

I agree, Ron H seems like a very compassionate man, once I meditate upon it. (I took your advice to heart, and now make a pilgrimage every morning 15 miles to Kennesaw Mountain, and meditate upon the grandeur of the mountain landscape). I was very impressed with the way he made himself soft when Bodhitree hit him with those insults, and thereby redirected that negative spiritual energy, hitting Bodhitree in the face.

Only, see, Bodhitrees are a kind of rubber tree, and Ron H practices sticky hands, so he's kind of sticky, and the insults just bounced back off Bodhitree , and stuck on Ron.

Please tell me what I should meditate upon, Ron H. I've been using some David Hasselhoff songs for koans, but I need some new material. He eats hamburgers, so I don't want this meat-eating to taint my Buddhist practices.

we so clearly have a majority, let's just vote RonH off the island

(but first, we need to chain cinder blocks to both feet, put a hood over his head, find a bridge we can throw him off of...)
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    we so clearly have a majority, let's just vote RonH off the island

(but first, we need to chain cinder blocks to both feet, put a hood over his head, find a bridge we can throw him off of...)
    Only problem is, he'll reincarnate. You know, like Neilhytholt-->Lunghushan-->RonH-->?
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy