Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple attackers

There are ways to deal with multiple opponents. These scenarios should be trained often. It seems that more and more confrontations are going down this way these days.

My training:

1. if you can run, run.
    2. if you have to fight, fight
    3. don't choose your opponent, wait
    4. as soon as someone steps into your space, take 'em out
    5. if at any time you can run, run
    6. deal with opponents as they arrive
    7. always stay on the flanks

Sounds like a lot but it makes sense.

I recently assisted a black belt grading where about 6 of us senior students attacked the guy grading. He killed us. And we were really going at him. Different from the street, but no less impressive.
    Adam Stanecki - Practitioner of common sense.

"Think for yourself. Question authority." - Timothy Leary

Fluid Fitness - www.fluidfitness.com.au
    Dominance Mixed Martial Arts - www.dominance.com.au

Unhappy ahh the law...

I know of 3 guys at my school who've been mobbed. 5-8 guys to 1. 2 of those cases ended up in court. Both times the single guy was held just as responsible, financially (fines, man, fines), as the group of attackers. No one got locked up.

How our 'justice' system sees 1 guy as responsible as 1/2 dozen guys is beyond me, but there you have it. Boolsheet.
    Stupidity - the number one sexually transmitted disease.

My instructor used to put one of us in the middle of the training gym and then get about 5 other students to attack and basically you had to counter-atack, i dont know if it will be useful out on the srteet but still the counter attacking practise is good and so is the sensing body movement thing.

And they would come at you whenever tey pleased, but i reckon if you are ever in that situation whip as many assess as possible and then follow your theory of run! run! run!

lol.

Tae Li
    The difference lies in you.

"I understand now that fear is a normal reaction of the Human Body, so why fight it? Accept being afraid, but dont let it hold you back, keep moving forward and the light will shine at the end of the tunnel"
    -Tae Li.

If you are trained to fight calmy, should one change this way of thinking when faced against multiple attackers and as Black Jack stated," Let the beast out"?

Hello,
    This is my first time posting in this part of the forum. I like the idea of multiple attackers in the class, but on the street it’s all on. I would try to avoid this type of confrontation if possible. Any good MA-ist should be able to take the first guy out but you do not know if the second guy is a better fighter. If you have no choice you have no choice. Only one person can be in one place at any given time. Some one is the closest and then there is your strong side. I would have to go for the closest opponent on my stronger side and by all MEANS let the beast out!! Find the quickest exit out of the situation and run like he[[. “He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.”
    RibHit.
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

RibHit!!! That's funny Frogman! I see you also posted the Ranger Creed.
    I've been reading this thread with a lot of intrepidation, thoroughly expecting a lot of conjecture and patently absurd nonsensense from a lot of people whom have never been in a serious multiple opponent fight. Instead I've been reading some pretty good advice!
    Run!
    Watch your rear!
    Run!
    Pick the leader!
    Run!
    Use extreme violence!
    Run!
    Pick simple targets!
    Run!
    Keep them on your flank!
    Run!
    Make a hole!
    Run!
    "I consider the whole day a waste unless I recieve H-e-l-l from someone!" United States Airborne Rangers
    " Better to be a warrior in the garden than a gardner at war."
    "Ni hao darlins!" - wujidude
    "I just believe that qi is real and good body mechanics have been masquerading as internal power for too long." - omarthefish

We sometimes set up a training scenario where one student has to get from one end of the kwoon to the other, through all the other students, without coping a decent hit. (This is done in a controlled way.) It's benefit is that it teaches the student to be aware of all the space around him/her.

Thought y'all might be interested.

One more time - in the real world RUN!! it's your best option!

anger and fighting multiple attackers

before i started studying kungfu i used to end up in alot of fights, one on one fights, 1 against four and through all my fights 99% of them i won and i would like to thank anger for it, i had no strategy i was just a brawler and could take alot of punishment for one thing, but when i was angry i was unstoppable i remeber this one fight i had where i was hit in the head with bottles and bricks bleeding from my head and face and still i fought on kept destroying any enemy in my path
    and this was against four guys who had no honor and tried to jump me and ended up getiing there @ss beat by one guy.

does anyone else have a experiance where anger has helped them in a fight.
    death doesn't end life i do

true wisdom

"fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" -Yoda
    www.flowingcombat.com

I agree with old Gazza on this one. That really is sage advice. Far better to learn how to control and channel that anger. You're much less likely to end up beaten or in jail.

You don't want to go to the dark side. You can't grow tomatoes there.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Hang on! A thoughtful post from The Serp? And I have to agree? This is truly a strange day!

[And GreyFox listen to Yoda!]
    Last edited by TaoBoy; 08-06-2002 at 11:26 PM.

Shit!

MODERATORS! I want this post deleted right away!

TaoBoy, you'd better not tell a soul!

"i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer

It's our little secret.

*Assumes Brittany Murphy voice*
    "I'll never tell".

Phew! Thanks man!

Greyfox

Its a shame as you comments seem to be borne from insecurity by and large. Anger is the most reckless of allies to depend on to be honest, and its so damaging to your health. Im not lying when I say that being angry will shorten your life. Anger is so constrictive and anger always unbalances the Liver Qi to and contributes 9 times out of 10 to Liver Qi Stagnation which is never a nice complaint to have. Anger is a natural emotion when exhibited appropriately, but I wonder why you found yourself getting into so many fights when most people seem to be able to avoid such occurences?
    I suggest you lok back to ealier events in your life and try and chart the progression of this unecessary resentment you have in your life.
    Anger is base and reckless it has no control or subtlety, and is so draining and damaging to the long life of your Liver. Check your pulses on your left hand about an inch down from the wrist crease! I wouldn't be suprised if you felt the equivalent of a steel wire beating away there 10 times a second!