Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple attackers

listen here monkey i don't rely on anger in a fight anymore because since i'm alot older stuff doesn't happen anymore and i'm not insecure i don't know where anyone got that from and i am not a trouble maker i never throw the first punch and where i lived was not the burbs i lived in the drug filled streets of south philadelphia and you are bound to get into some Sh#t unless you
    stay in the house all the time and i was just saying that when i fought someone it was out of anger when i won it was out of anger is it the best thing to have maybe not cuz it was a couple a times where i could have ran but i was so mad at the persons
    trangressions that i stayed and traded blows and that is that
    death doesn't end life i do

well done

but surely if as you say you are older now, you will realise how destructive to oneself anger is. Inapropriate and loing held anger does actually create illness you know?. When you fight with anger as your drive, yeah sure you can give someone an adrenalised and bile induced beating in a savage manner, however you also weaken the body internally and thus open yourself up to Liver Qi illnesses. All I'm saying is that you should try to avoid fighting with anger as it is base and depleting.
    It is possible to fight with a less spurious mindset you know?!

GreyFox,

When you were younger, your anger directed your intent. Now that you've studied, you know how to focus your intent. You don't need to be angry to win a fight, you just need to do it.

PLC

Thread drift

This isn't a post about morality or philosophy.... he was asking about using anger WHEN you fight.

This type of kneejerk reaction (anger is bad, don't react emotionally) Phil Donahue crap really ****es me off.

The tao is yin AND yang. Kung Fu is Yin and Yang. Anger and placidity are just as valid a contrast as light and dark.

When I was studying Lo Han my Sifu would leave me in a horse stance for quite a long time..... When I was shaking, sweating, and sometimes even vomiting, he would say "now....before you fall....before you quit..... Imagine your wife is going to be killed by an attacker.... and all you have to do to save her is stay down in that stance for another 20 seconds........"

Emotion is a very powerfull and valid training tool. Why do you think Kung Fu has animals?? It is to engage the primal emotional side of the human. People who disregard anger and fear in training have never had their lives truly threatened.
    May Your Blade Chip and Shatter

In times of stress...u get emotional...ANGER and FEAR helps in real fights. Every boxer that has step in the ring felt fear. Cuz Damoto use to have tons of comments on how to make FEAR and ANGER your allies! So yes...I went HULKAMANIA on some peeps. Now that I'm older...not so much. You can grow SOFT and lose your NERVE and experience a PANIC ATTACK...I did 2 years ago when I caught my ex cheating on me. But it happens. Anger and Fear are great tools to control.
    A

curious, how old are you and how old where you? i reconise your name from a very popular video game. just got me wondering.
    'i have a new found respect for crowbars now'

pause

'atleast it wasn't about sex'

I gotta agree with legend and taoboxer on this one. The trick is to learn how to use your emotions to your advantage. you will expreience fear in a fight. chances are, you will experience anger. Embrace them. use them. make them your friend.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Just don't take them to bed with you. They are pretty ugly in the morning.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

9. Thumbs up

Decent post.
    But I am more like a believer to classic budo ways of mushin and mind control.
    If you are very good you can stop when itīs about to start.
    Controlling your emotions and remaining naturally confident and calm,this may seriously tear your opponentīs false courage.
    Opponentīs want their victims to be afraid and nervous,often victims donīt fight back because of their emotionally upset mind.
    If you have to defend yourself physically,your empty mind will be your friend,your response shall be natural and not distracted.
    Sure youīll probably experience some sort of adrenaline rush and know that your in trouble,it does not stomp over the common sense.
    If it happens that you break off mentally,you may experience goofy sense of sight and may not be able to see very well to the sides etc. whatever happens around.
    Emotional disturbance may very well be the result of narrow thinking and poor technique.
    Because the situation may be very difficult while about to start is one reason to be calm,you canīt give up but as there are multiple attackers and possibly even armed (very lethal)
    You will have to keep a humble attitude towards your emotional mind,for it is not very unlikely that you may die.
    If anger takes control you may get a furious attitude and go like "OK,LETīS GO ON THEN!!" while you should remain calm,this can be especially true as if you are facing a gun etc.

This is one side of it that I can think of now,not necessarily more or less right or wrong,just one.

The sunsetīs setting down.Lay me on the forest floor.

I do not necessarily stand behind all of the statements I have made in the past, in this forum. Some of the statements may have appeared to support a biased view of reality, and may have been offensive. If you are a moral person and were hurt by comments that I made, you can PM me about it and I will apologize if I find your cause reasonable.
    -FC, summer of 2006-

Appropriateness

I think what some people may of tended to gloss over was the use of the word inapropriate and apropriate use of anger. If you constantly use anger as fuel then this is inapropriate to development and will create and clipped and blinkered, aswell as draining, mindset - FACT! As a toll it can help you achieve things but wouldn't it be better to achieve these things without the weakness on relying on an emotion as anger? What happens if you needed anger to fuel a response and somehow you couldn't get that angry spark going? You be 86'd in seconds. Anger is limiting and if you rely on it then you have a flaw in your training. It is so base to inapropriately depend on it for a benchmark to improve yourself. The fact of the matter is, is that from a TCM point of view you will deterioate the Liver's functions by invoking anger all over the place.
    The principles of Mushin is infinitely more desirable as a mindstate to train in than anger.
    " Don't confuse yourself with someone who has something to say " - The Fall

" I do not like your tone/ It has ephemeral whingeing aspects " - The Fall

" There are twelve people in the world/ The rest are paste " - Mark E Smith

Thumbs up grey

you did what you needed to do to get the job done and to survive the fight. anger can sometimes work to your advantage.
    when it is survival mode ALL emotions are utilized. you can either give a beating or take a beating in a zen passive sort of way ,,,OR you can give or take a beating in an angry way as well.
    all this talk about mind control and controlling emotions. when you get hit either in sparring or in a real fight,,no matter what your mental state you will always react aggressively to it. it is primal genetic instict that cannot be reversed in the survival siutation. i wouldnt give old grey here a hard time about what he has done in the past. instead commend him on his making it through the gauntlet of violent human experiences and now is better off.

Many respects,,The Willow Sword
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Re: Appropriateness

Originally posted by Repulsive Monkey
    I think what some people may of tended to gloss over was the use of the word inapropriate and apropriate use of anger. If you constantly use anger as fuel then this is inapropriate to development and will create and clipped and blinkered, aswell as draining, mindset - FACT! As a toll it can help you achieve things but wouldn't it be better to achieve these things without the weakness on relying on an emotion as anger? What happens if you needed anger to fuel a response and somehow you couldn't get that angry spark going? You be 86'd in seconds. Anger is limiting and if you rely on it then you have a flaw in your training. It is so base to inapropriately depend on it for a benchmark to improve yourself. The fact of the matter is, is that from a TCM point of view you will deterioate the Liver's functions by invoking anger all over the place.
    The principles of Mushin is infinitely more desirable as a mindstate to train in than anger.
    I think there's a miscommunication there - he's not saying rely on it, but if it's there, utilize it. If I am in a fight and have easy access to a brick, I'll use it...but I won't rely on there being a brick nearby every time I get into an altercation.

Example, I get confronted by some drunk, who's just causing trouble. I'm not mad at him. no need to be. If I can't avoid fighting him, get it over with and leave.

BUT, if some guy is beating my daughter and I catch him in the act, I'm gonna get angry, and I'm gonna use that anger to fuck him up.

It's a tool, like anything else. use it, but don't depend on it.
    Last edited by SevenStar; 08-08-2002 at 09:21 AM.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

sounds as if he was dependent on anger.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

anger is a good thing.
    ________
    MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES MANTECA. CA
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 05:46 AM.

multiple attackers: 1vs30 (vid)

http://dl1.dumpalink.com/media/Kxfjw...GY4G4mDg6q.wmv

1 spider vs. 30 ants.

*i warn that some bored dudes setup the fight. the vid is not tree hugger friendly.
    where's my beer?