Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wingtsun demo clip

Question wingtsun demo clip

any of you guys still have the link to that 4 minute wingtsun demo clip by sifu victor guiterrez? i seem to be having trouble using the search function to locate the old thread. thanks in advance.
    "It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun."

Hey, they're using the "Apotheosis" version of "O Fortuna" as the soundtrack - I've been trying to find a copy of that track for years, anyone know where I can get it? (and yes I've tried all the p2p networks)
    Nolite irasci, aequiperate.

WOW,

That guy Gutierrez is a real fighting machine!

thanks guys
    "It's all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun."

Hey,

What do you guys think of that clip?
    It seems very sloppy to me. They lose all their structure in those clips.

You don't have to learn wc to fight lilke that. 5 months of thai boxing can beat those guys.../..

cha kuen please open your eyes, as far as looking "sloppy" goes who says fighting is meant to look good? I wish I could defend myself as well as those guys do!

These clips are to show the brutal and effective side of WT. Most people think that Muay Thai is "brutal" and consider Kung fu to be more "refined" or "elegant." These clips just go to show that a kung fu style can indeed be bone-crunching like MT in the realm of full-contact self-defense.

So by making you compare it to thai boxing, the clip has succeeded in its purpose.

when the structure is messed up, you cannot get power from the ground.

Everyone knows power from the ground from a question/ answer viewpoint but few, very few know it personally.

Brutal side, hahaha

at first i thought 'no no don't say anything'
    but i have to agree with cha kuen
    realistic fighting my bum.
    i was most impressed how nobody fought back & as to comparing it to muay thai, well that ain't difficult seeing as though it looks more like that than it does wing chun.
    the only thing i will give you is that real fighting is never pretty but as for that supposing to be wing chun it is pretty ugly.

botha
    i haven't heard you respond since telling you where to look for my teacher......google- sifu+barry+lee
    he actually does seminars in holland i have since found out, so let us see if you go & see him.
    then we'll see how much you want to use the word machine.

vts
    Last edited by Sihing73; 03-11-2002 at 04:21 AM.

Well, if you think Victor is bad at WC I don't know what to say.

I have only heard from guys that have chisao:d with Victor and he was amazing. The thing with Victor is that he is one of the few WC guys that actually can do more than just shot his mouth of; he can actually fight!

Please pull your head out of your a$$ for once and recognize true skill instead of coming with the old "you can train muy thai 3 weeks and beat this guy" crap.

Sorry if I got a little carried away on this one...

14. he's definitely right-handed

and he loves to throw the elbow

Yes he can fight on the street as a street fighter.

BUt he sure isn't efficient or anything that good kung fu guys are known for.

If you " don't know what to say" I surely do. Find another teacher and open your eyes.

That guy is tense and stiff like a statue, rigid, not flexible.

The truth shall set you free.