Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Lin Shifu

Stacey Guest

Paul Lin Shifu

I read on here that you teach 8 step preying mantis. (ba bu tang lang) I really want to learn from you. Where do you teach? What are class times? What should I wear?

Yea I am quite sure that after you so rudely offended him he would be willing to teach you... good luck
    http://www.kungfuUSA.net

Stacey is just trying to start **** again

Skard1
    skarbro -- you're in, brother. your sole responsibility -- mock temple kung fu. -rubthebuddha

Its not what goes in a man that defile's him, its what comes out.

www.torontohiphop.com

Stacey Guest
    Can't go with the flow can ya?

Well, I've changed my mind. Its frankly no one elses business. I want to see what I have been missing. I want to learn his 8 step to get a bigger picture.

quite frankly paul lin lives in LA so unless you plan on moving out of NJ I would suggest that you still train under jack....

in OC

actually, I am in Orange County, south of LA. I don't teach any public class now. If you have question on your practicing, just type it out, I will try to answer them. But I have to mind a lot of other business in my life too, so may not be respond asap all the time. Staycey, check with the 10 rules of kungfu teaching, the "Shi Chuan Shi Bo Chuan" rules and see if you can fit them all. Then you can think about learning skills.

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for the PICS of your dad and Master Wei. My best to you and your dad.
    www.traditionalmantisboxing.com

John newberry

Please dont take this as a derogatory question and I mean absolutly no harm and do not wiish to fight, but I am just just wondering why you would display pictures of other stlyes of praying mantis masters on your webiste?

This seems a bit odd to me that when not admitting that you or george have anything to do with 8 step you would proudly display picutes of 8 step masters?

Thats like hanging pictures of other peoples grandfathers that were famous simply to make youself look more important.

Again please dont take this the wrong way I am honestly curious.

Mike

Hi Mike,
    I have a very deep respect for Paul Lin and his father. Im not trying to start any trouble with anyone, But my page is open to all types of Praying Mantis. Not just 8 step, I am currently a disciple of Master Ilya A. Profatilov and choose not to study 8 step. I hope this answers your question.
    www.traditionalmantisboxing.com

John

Yes you have thanks. I have just met paul lin over the forum a couple of days ago and I too respect him without even knowing him. Not just for who he is but his kind demeanor and humbleness. Again I didnt want to stir anything up I was just curious thanks.. PS did you get me PM? please answer

Question question 4 ED

ED,

Since you said that you know Shyun has lied to you and others but you still love him as shrfu. I can understand that he is the one who has made you aware of these arts, and yet, a taste of them. And for what I have heard, 2 of my father's 8 step mantis kungfu brothers recieved threat form Shyun not to teach the real 8 step mantis with court action. And Shyun knows that Chinese fear of court actions. To me the fake claim of Shyun is not the real big problem, the real problem is that he tries to kill the real ones form surfacing.

So if you, ED, learned the real way, are you going to share with Shyun as out of the love of shrfu? Are you going to let him keep the real tudi out form surfacing? I am sure Shyun will try everything to silence the real ones for he fear that he can't compete with them.

As you have known, form Shyun's immitations, you can already felt the use of these arts. The real arts must come with the matched/correct foundation support and will serve even more than what you have experienced. I don't really know how many martial artists have known the facts about the real and the fake, in fact, I don't even know how many people here have financial relationship with Shyun.

I don't mind the fakes are out there, the main thing I care is that the real ones should be free to come out and compete so that the learners can see for themselves.

So there, what will you say?

Paul lin

You ask some very good questions and I will answer them HONESTLY.
    When I lived with him I would have done anything for him. He took me under his wing and spent a lot of time with me and made sure that I was OK. Everything was OK when I opened my school. I hosted seminars with him and paid for him to come to my school. Everything was fine until I was not allowed to attend his SIFU camp. I asked why and he said that I had not paid all my dues 1,200 a year so I was not eledgable. I regretfully accepted and contined to promote 8 step, KUNG FU USA and the federation for the next year. I paid my 1,200 and again wanted to attend the next SIFU camp. I was told again that I could'nt, this time becuse I was not a state HQ but only a branch. I thought that was unfair and I felt very betryed. So I closed my school and concentrated on my medical qigong training in jin gon tzu li gong qigong with master Yen Chu Feng. I was mailed a letter and told that I could not train or follow another master. He was jealous of Yen and threatend by her power. I chose to keep studying with Yen anyway.
    Then in 2000 I opened another school but did not ask shyun nor paid the 1,200 I received a letter telling me that I pay the 1,200 or I would be sued for using the name KUNG FU USA and 8 step praying mantis. I did not change the name of my school and was put on the inactive list on the 8 step.com webiste.

So you see its all about money to him. everything was fine when I was giving himn money but then everything changed. So I would love to learn the real way and just compare it to what I have learned in my 12 years in 8 step. Most maybe correct but most may not..... I dont know. But it wasnt unil the birth of the internet that anyone could find out any different.
    While I was a dedicated student at one time I no longer have ties nor a yearing for shyun anymore.I havent spoken to him in over 3 years other than through his lacky kevin L who is the so called head of the federation (deans old job) I have been treated unfairly way to many times and I think I deserve better.
    Problem is there is no kung fu in buffalo other than george and I and a hung gar kwoon (ting fong wong lineage) but I dont like hung gar or from learning from non- chinese.
    I am sorry for putting my personal problems on the net but I am glad to let people know the thruth.

I would love to know the real truth and who not share with any other than my students all of whom expet for 1 have ever met shyun.
    Why do you ask ? can you help me? would you help me?
    Last edited by EARTH DRAGON; 03-11-2002 at 08:43 PM.

Post ED

ED,

I will do all I can to help you if you want to know about what I have known.

Question Question/thoughts

How can someone copyright a hisorical system that existed before they were born? I though this was covered by "historical domain"? The same way no one can copyright "water".
    Now, kung fu USA I can understand,..but a system is a bit ridiculous.
    Any lawyers out there care to help clear this one up?
    Respectfully,
    BTL
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Arm Chair Attorney

ED,

You can not copyright ideas. Patent or copyright registration is easy to check and hard to enforce accross international borders. Look at all the art, music and videos that is stolen and sold in China every year.

I know Buffalo is a distance from NYC, but I think Su Yu Chang could help you out. I think it was mentioned in another thread that someone thought he might be the source of most of James Shyun's 8 step anyway. Master Su's mantis is excellent.

In Buffalo I would look up Ben Hill. He is a bagua player but has background in Mantis. He's a great source of information both historical and current. His KFO screen name is Maoshan if you want to e-mail him.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM