Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: how does shing yi stand up tp pake mae & wing chun

TIger Hand

"if you can see from the previous few post I am not the only one who is poking at ego's "limp a$$"."
    * As i say go for your life on ego, heck i do Im just saying to try and avoid offending others in the process

"Also, just because i practice bak mei, Yum Cha is automatically my senior? Why is that?"
    * This is totaly up to yourself...
    For me i view every practioner of my own arts who have studied for longer to be a senior, after all we are just one extended family. As such i will always show face to a senior even if i dont directly agree with what there saying. I do the same thing in class and i also try to do it online. I will disagree but i will be carefull to do it in a respectfull way.
    In my opinion it just shows good moral and it also gives the art a good public face with the apperence of members all having mutual respect for one another.
    As i say its not vital and its up to you to follow or not but for me i would watch how i speak to seniors.

Yum Cha to my knowledge is quite respected and liked there is no need for you to be brash with him. Correct me if im wrong but i think Yum Cha may even teach which most definately makes him a senior.

Not a personal thing dude i like many of your posts and find them funny, just asking you watch a little what you say occasional
    Gets me in trouble constantly as well.
    Last edited by jon; 03-23-2002 at 07:30 PM.
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.
    ------------------------------------
    Shaped dragon and looking monkey, sitting tiger and turning eagle.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

jon-

Iam not being brash with Yum Cha, nor did i intend any such meaning.

Again, how do you automatically assume Yum Cha studied longer than me?

Yum Cha teaches....so?

Their are people who teach who shouldn't be teaching, and their are people who should be teaching, that aren't.

Of course, not to say that Yum Cha is one of the ones who shouldn't be, no disrespect to Yum Cha.

Re: balance

Guys, ignore this guy call sui fui

This guy pretend to be chinese by speaking few hakka. He is one of the chinese american doesn't read chinese. (which is usual in America)
    Look at how he write english chinese "big brother",

"diy low"

Should I teach you?

There is no official chinese-english write like that.
    Sui Fuw. I wonder who are u. You claim to be hakka. You can't read chinese. You can't write english chinese!
    Can you write your own name in english chinese?

I doubt it.

Mind you, I study english chinese for sometime. I still don't understand it. So, Are you chinese? Can you speak mandarin? Can you write chinese?

Do you know where is Xi'amen?
    (this is very easy official chinese english)

what about Xue' ?
    (This is very easy official chinese english)

Do you know where is Hakka come from? Why people are calling themselves hakka?

"compassion?cloud clearly expresses this and make a fine poit,however does ego learn?yummy?or his sister?

i know many that are in wheelchairs,but great men are measured in what they "acheive or do"and not what they" think".
    but as a begginer what do i know?where everyone is my senior or should i not speak???eh...jon

p.s i treat ego as a person not less b/c he's in a wheelchair.

life is..........? how do accept the cards that are delt to us???
    i know many that are in wheelchairs,but great men are measured in what they "acheive or do"and not what they" think".
    but as a begginer what do i know?where everyone is my senior or should i not speak???eh...jon"

Wow.
    You words really weights. I should listen to you!
    I am the same person on the net as in real life. I may be a little different on the net. However, I don't utter BS. When I promise something. I will deliver to the very end. That way I get people to trust me.
    Moreover, I won't utter something that don't fit my qualification.
    Such as these words, the great ones like mother teresa only can qualify to speak like this, because she put her efforts into it. It matches her.

Well. I have enough fun playing with this children called sui fuw.
    He is probably playing with GI Joe. Pretending he is a chinese. He can't even write chinese english. He put it up on the net.

Am I right? You don't know how to write chinese english?
    You know. I really have enough good laugh for your chinese english.:-)

[/B][/QUOTE]

sui-fuw
    "where everyone is my senior or should i not speak???eh...jon "
    * Dont play with my words sui-fuw, you know me better than that i think - even if only in text
    My point was to not be disrepectfull towards others of the same system. Not everyone will do as i do and i dont expect them to, doesnt mean i cant have my say when i see a point i wish to make. Still i do try and keep my points respectfull particualy when dealing with those who are open about who they are and what they represent.
    You and I have different goals here sui-fuw but do we not still both enjoy what we do?
    Your hands may be normaly closed but does that mean that those who are usualy open are automaticaly doing the wrong thing?

BTW I give you respect do i not?
    Maybe i view you as senior or maybe i view everyone as equals but give respect to those who have already walked my path before me. I never know wether im coming or going, perhaps its better that way.

I just follow your force sui-fuw, just try not to tire to early
    Up and down, forward and backward, left and right, its all the same. All of this is done with the mind, not externaly.

"I wonder how they would do against jon's no-tension fu. I bet they'd do REALLY WELL."
    - Huang Kai Vun

Gee

Golly, such a simple troll actually turned this into an interesting thread.

My sister is fit and dandy. My point, well carried by Jon in his so terribly consciencious manner, is that the anonymity doesn't excuse you for bad taste, and within yourself, you know that's true.

Pay your money and take your chances.

...now where's my tea.

By the way,

I do have a handicapped nephew with basically no arms who fights able bodied opponents in Tae Kwon Do. He made it to state level for 16 year old. Arts are so called because we have to put ourselves into them to make them complete.

sui-fuw

Im sorry, i didnt mean to come accross so badly
    My reason for posting was not to offend only to play but sometimes im not so good at either.
    My quoting is just something i do becouse i find it easyer to construct my thoughts i dont mean to be rude when i do it.

You know ive always liked your posts but sometimes i do get a little nitty at somethings you address to me, i often at first fail to comprehend properly what your trying to say.
    As i say i like your posts sui-fuw and consider us as at least online friends. Please dont take offense to me as offending you was not my aim.
    Im often defensive sui-fuw and i state this in all honesty its one of my biggest charactor flaws and one i try to deal with on a regular basis. You would think after all this time my self confidence would be a little higher but thats why im still a student and still follow dilligently others who properly understand what some may term as 'the way'.
    Thats my overly personal post for the day, again im sorry if i offended my intent was not to attack you, i would not be so presumptious again.
    All the best
    Jon

P.S i know your intent on the wheelchair issue was good, my pick was only on the way you tried to imply that you shouldnt speak becouse of something i had said. Which of course i didnt want becouse i like your posts.
    ok now im feeling like a fool so im gonna go walk around a post for a while or something
    Last edited by jon; 03-24-2002 at 06:17 PM.

- Huang Kai Vun

yum-cha
    "Jon in his so terribly consciencious manner"
    * RIGHT NOW WE DUEL!!!

Oh yeah, i would proberly lose

Gawd i need a holiday, and less being slapped around.

- Huang Kai Vun

Gee guys

Sui Fuw, of course you are right. But, you don't need me to tell you that, right?

How was your trip to HK? Any good snake around?

Jon, I hear you tai chi guys are pretty fearsome, I'll take a rain-check.

hahaha

kiss and make up ***gots..hehehe love you all!!

Man, I couldn't read all of those posts...

Good Xing Yi is excellent. I also find S.Mantis to be a superb system. Both are hard to find.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Cool Beyond the trolling and insults....

~From personal experiance I can say that I have been hit hard by both Wing Chun and Hsing Yi people. (Also got hit by a guy that did iron palm for about 5 years, hurt like hell....)
    ~On the basic level what is more important than the style is how hard a person trains and absorbs the information from their instructors and their internal and external conditioning. A taekwondo guy that works out hard will beat a lazy shaolin guy anyday.
    ~Assuming that two people of different styles both put an adequet amount of time and effort into there respective styles, and assuming that both are relatively equal in conditioning and size, most of the time you will not see a terrific difference in ability for about 2- 3 years. Most people quit before this time soo...
    ~Having said that, and with a few more than 2- 3 years experiance in various of maritial arts, I would pick Hsing I over any art out there with the exception of BaGua Zhang.
    ~I respect the for real Wing Chun and White Eyebrow guys though as well as the real Shaolin, Karate, Arnis, etc types....
    ~The Iron palm guy hit me in the ass (most flesh there...) I was bruised and could hardly walk for a few days. Would not want to get hit upside the head or spine like that though for sure.
    ~If you have the chance to study real Hsing I or BaguaZhang, then do so. Unfortunately most places that offer it are not really that great. Shop around.

Peace

Sin Loi

yi beng, kan xue (With one beng {hit}, you should {immediately} see blood

Leiming,

i diagree with you that there isn't much difference within the period of 2-3 years. The difference actually occurs from about 3 months onwards.

i don't see how one can be "monkey-slapped" in the butt by a southern peactitioner in iron palm. they move very slowly and need a lot of prep up time before delivering a "monkey-slap". Unless one stuck his but out and held it still for a minimum of 20secs there's nothing to worry about.

Ego
    Do you believe in god?

- Huang Kai Vun

Cool slow iron palm?

~A correctly performed Iron Palm strike does not take 20 seconds to set up. Assuming a person has trained correctly and diligently then after the initial one - two year period a good Iron Palm practicioner would be able issue the strike at will.
    ~A skilled Iron Palm practioner will probably have a minimum of three years experiance before they start to learn the iron palm. Hopefully they have enough experiance and mobility to hit most part of an opponent with relative ease. If a person does not have requisite mobility, strength, agility, technique, attitude, etc, they should not try to learn iron palm in the first place. The individual I was working with at that time had about 15 years total CMA experiance. Plenty to be able to get a strike off.
    ~The assumtion I made about the three years is that both practicioners are equally skilled, sized and diligent in training. (Very, very hard to match up, I admit...)
    ~I suggest finding sources of information other than Shaw Brothers movies and mass media magazines. There is a lot of stuff that will never be learned from such sources.
    ~EGO... If you are in a wheel chair, then you might want to learn some of the QiGongs in Hsing I and find someone to rub some jow on your back and limbs. Add some serious prayer to that and you might be suprised.....

Peace,

Sin Loi

yi beng, kan xue

Cool Iron Palm.....

~A knowledgeable diligent iron palm practicioner should be able to deliver an iron palm strike to anywhere on the body as quick as a normal strike after 2-3 years.
    ~Most instructors who have iron palm are going to make sure that the student has several years of training under their belt before teaching it. The time is needed for several reasons to include making sure the student is healthy enough internally and externally to handle the training, make sure the student has decent technique with good control, and in some instances to make sure the student is ready.
    ~I have not noticed any major difference in ablities until about two to three years most of the time between different groups of hard working students.
    ~After ten to fifteen years though, Hsing I and Bagua blow anything else that comes along out of the water.
    ~Shaw Brothers movies and most mass media related to martial arts is generally not a good source of information.
    EGO.... If you are in a wheel chair then you might want to consider having someone rub some good Jow on your back and limbs, learning some Hsing I Qigong, and spending a few hours a day in prayer. You might be suprised at the results. Heck, I will pray for you also.

Peace,

Sin Loi

yi beng, kan xue